Fredbear’s Posts

Fredbear
on 8/18/17 11:14 pm, edited 8/18/17 4:15 pm
Topic: RE: eating

I'm 8 months out and I had VSG. My typical workweek meal schedule looks like:

B: protein shake (or cottage cheese)

L: (at work:) 2 oz chicken with broccoli slaw, riced cauliflower, and a low calorie dressing (working from home:) tofu/chicken stir fry

S: protein shake (or jerky)

D: a protein and some vegetables... like chicken or meatballs or steak or hamburger, with green beans, broccoli, brussels sprouts, peas, beans, etc.

On the weekend there's more variety since I'm eating with my spouse for all meals. I do well during the week because I'm perfectly content to have a regimented diet at work.

"Friends are like flowers; no matter how well you pick them, they all eventually die."

Fredbear
on 3/31/17 8:00 pm
Topic: RE: Underwear suggestions...

Anyone have suggestions for some supportive underwear (of the boxer-brief variety)? The boys are getting unruly and I'd like to find some underwear that have a little compression as well, for the gym.

"Friends are like flowers; no matter how well you pick them, they all eventually die."

Fredbear
on 3/24/17 11:58 pm
Topic: RE: It's true!

So I've been in a stall for about 3 weeks now... I've decreased food slightly, increased exercise, all to no avail.

Last night while getting ready for bed, my spouse catches me from the side and says, "Wow, your legs have gotten so buff!" I look down and it hits me--the reason my weight hasn't dropped is because I actually have muscled legs now! "Muscle weighs more than fat" has been a tired refrain I've heard for so many years, but it's true!

I've been doing about 2.5 miles walking every weekday, and doing 60-80 flights of stairs a day at work. I also do a 30-minute hike once a week, and hit the gym to do weightlifting, cardio, and the stairmaster.

I actually do have muscles! I wasn't expecting to gain any muscle during the honeymoon period, but apparently I get enough exercise and eat enough protein to do so.

Now if I could just get those arms of steel with as little effort... LOL ;-)

Fredbear
on 3/24/17 11:50 pm
Topic: RE: Hair

My beard grows slightly faster, and I've lost most of my gray. Lose/Win? ;-)

Fredbear
on 3/11/17 2:57 pm
Topic: RE: 15 weeks out...

Much better today... BP meds all out of my system! :-)

Fredbear
on 3/11/17 11:19 am

It "felt" like I had a few shots. I don't actually drink.

Fredbear
on 3/9/17 3:45 pm, edited 3/9/17 7:46 am

Yeah, I was familiar with orthostatic hypotension after having it as a side effect to a medication I took years ago. That's why I wasn't immediately alarmed when I had a few dizzy spells, I was aware it was a possibility after surgery.

But yesterday felt like I had guzzled my Lortab and had a few shots of tequila, the effect was very pronounced and lasted most of the day (and this morning)... so a visit to the doctor was in order. My initial BP was only like 90/50 when I went in.

I'll have to figure out a way to get a little more salt in my diet; I've never been one to salt my food, so I'll have to find some foods that naturally have more sodium in the them.

LOL, I spent all these years not using butter, salt, or mayo, and now I'm told I need more salt and fat in my diet! :-p

Fredbear
on 3/9/17 3:41 pm, edited 3/9/17 7:42 am

I've actually been ordered to drink a lot less until further notice. I get way more than 100 oz. of fluids a day.

Fredbear
on 3/9/17 2:10 pm

... and I have had some dizzy spells the last few weeks, mostly when standing.

That all ratcheted up a notch yesterday and I was dizzy for hours. So today I get an appointment with my doctor, and she declares that I have low blood pressure, and that I should stop taking medication.

And with that, I am now officially off all of my medications! Woot!!

I cannot believe how good it feels to be so much healthier and so happy!

Fredbear
on 2/23/17 9:20 pm
Topic: RE: So post op...What foods don't sit well with you??

So far (3 months) just things that are sugary. Thankfully it doesn't really appeal to me, so it's easy to refuse.

Fredbear
on 2/8/17 3:34 pm
Topic: RE: Guys, do you have this problem?
On February 8, 2017 at 8:05 PM Pacific Time, Kat W. wrote:

No, I am not.  Your apology is not accepted.  I know the type of male that you are -- and you may have fooled some of the "sweeter" women here -- but not me.  Perhaps they will see you as the victim -- but I call it like I see it.

There's no legitimate question here.  It was a brag post and I just out-ed you.

Kat, you seriously need to get over yourself.

KTHNXBYE.

Fredbear
on 2/8/17 6:50 am
Topic: RE: Guys, do you have this problem?

Ayup, welcome to my life

Getting a "chair-height" toilet has helped somewhat, but ultimately you're going to need to get used to holding yourself in place by hand.

Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 30 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 30 views
St. Patty's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 63 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 88 views