Therapist in Omaha area that specializes with food related issues?

RKLC2002
on 12/5/14 10:04 am - Omaha, NE

I know how hard it is to find a good therapist.  I am 3+ years out with my surgery.  I did great the first few years, but I'm finding myself going back to my old habits by using food to cope with things.  As I eat badly, I also have less and less energy.   Is anyone in the Omaha area that has good experience with a therapist dealing with eating issues and depression?

5' 10"    HW= 327   SW=319 lbs        CW=200  (lowest was 180)    GW=170

No regrets with my DS!!!  

Open DS with Dr. Anthone  - October 14, 2011
Ventral Hernia repair/panniculectomy/hysterectomy - Nov 2012; 
Bowel Blockage due to hysterectomy and adhesions - Feb 2013;
Ventral Hernia repair with mesh - Dec 2013

cathey9338
on 3/12/15 8:21 am - Woodbridge, VA
RNY on 06/19/12 with

I'm so disappointed there weren't any responses to your post!!  I'm logging on (for the first time in two years) for the EXACT same reason!  I KNOW WE ARE NOT ALONE! But where is everyone? Why are so few of the posts in the mental health forum have any replies?

In my opinion, finding a therapist who is not only familiar with our eating issues but also recognizes & respects that they are uniquely ours.  Of course there are some consistencies with any number of other mental health issues.  But please don't think that I will respond with the same cookie cutter approach. And for heaven's sake don't tell me if I just "eat less and move more", it will all work out ducky.

RKLC2002 - I've been telling my friends (many of them WLS success stories) that I truly believe we are trail blazers. Surgery is awesome but it is only one piece of the puzzle. Please don't get discouraged!! It's been three months since you first posted this (only one other person has posted in the Mental Health forum since then?!) I hope you've been able to find a great therapist - either way I'd love to hear about your journey!

suekay
on 5/3/15 8:57 am

I know how important a therapist is to one's weight loss journey. Have you contacted your surgeon's office for  a list of therapists? They may be able to help you locate one in your area. Good luck.

Suekay

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 687 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 679 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 893 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1594 views