Ready to Rock in a couple of months!!!

pjmann109k
on 8/30/04 9:07 am - Montello, WI
This is so cool I love to talk about concerts and music. I am glad to see there is board deticated to Metal. Lets get it moving spread the word. I saw Suicidal Tendencies live in 1989 when I was 16 years old that concert did it for me I am a die hard metal fan for life. I have seen over 30 shows including Slayer, Disturbed, Slip Knot, Seplatura, Seven Dust, God Smack, Linkin Park, POD, Puddles of Mudd, Marilyn Manson, Gwar, Butthole Surfers, Metallica, Rob Zombie, White Zombie, Nashville ***** Evenessance, Powerman 5000, Hate Breed, just to name a few. I am having RNY Distal (lap) on Sept. 9, 2004 and I am looking forward to the mosh pits again. It is cool there are a few of us metal heads here to share our experiences. Rock on Fellow Loosers Pj Manning
ged2phd
on 9/2/04 9:08 am - Fredericksburg, VA
hi PJ glad to have you here! I only wish I had been to all the concerts you have! Good luck on your surgery and heal fast! I'm now 5 weeks post op and I have lost 60lbs! kellie
traildustr79
on 9/3/04 10:00 am - lake havasu city, AZ
hey PJ i seen Suicidal tendencies to but back in 1983 i love good old punk and heavy metal myself ive seen slayer, OZZY mega death ,GWAR, testament, bad religion,ministry,Sepultura, metallica, sex pistols, IRON MAIDEN,Motorhead,Black Sabbath and lots of other shows to many to remember I use to love a good slam pit when i was younger and lived in So Cal i lived in BurBank for 35 years but I am 39 now and a little to old for the mosh pits and no longer live where they have decent concerts i live in Lake Havasu City in AZ its a party town just no concerts with in 150 miles and that would be Vegas and thats to far to drive home all buzzed from a show i had the lap band op on 2/26/04 and so far have lost 110 lbs i just wanted to wish you good luck with your op and youll be slamin in the mosh pit before you know it. Do a stage dive for me once your in shape
pjmann109k
on 9/3/04 2:06 pm - Montello, WI
Paul, Thanks for the response and sharing your thoughts. For me it is like escaping reality for a few hours. All of the bruises and cuts from the mosh pits only prolong the euphoric feeling of seeing a good ole heavy metal band. I cant wait to get back on track with my health so I can get back into the concert circles. I have 4 boys and it is really cool because the oldest one is 13 now and intrested in the same music, tattoos and counter culture as his mother and I it is great to share my youth with him and his brothers. I am only 30 so I still remember what it was like to be a teenager. I am every bit as strict as my dad was but it is cool to share the same intrests with them and still be cool enough to hang out with him and his friends (I would have not been caught dead with my dad at his age). Your stage dive comment made me roll If I am feeling upto it I will gladly deticate a dive or two to you and the other metal heads here at Obesity help.com. Pj Manning RNY distal 9/09/04
(deactivated member)
on 10/24/04 3:54 am - chicago, IL
Horns up to you all!!! I postponed my surgery until Sept. so I wouldnt have to miss any shows over the summer. Went to 5 Metallica shows (on the rail at every one of them), Ozzfest (Im still excited that I was in the 3rd row) Preist kicked ass! Van Halen, and so many more. It was a GREAT summer!!
Shelley M.
on 11/5/04 10:07 pm - West Springfield, MA
So good to see fellow metalheads here!!! We're hard to find... especially adults! LOL. Mom thought it was a phase I'd outgrow, but I'm 32 and STILL love to wake up to some nice Ozzy or Iced Earth to get my day going (I work nights, so wake up call is at 4pm..LOL) Rock on, brothers and sisters!! Shell
Most Active