Belightweight...Please listen to this...

Webbie
on 3/2/09 7:54 am, edited 3/2/09 7:56 am - Plainfield, IN
I don't want to cause problems but I heard this on the radio this morning.  Please listen if you're considering using these people.
Mind you I myself went out of country for bariatric surgery so don't get me wrong and think I am just against going out of the country.  I just heard this and thought I should pass it on...
http://radionow1009.com/Article.asp?id=557087
Scroll down to the audio files and listen to the one titled "they stole my kidney".
Take care,
Sancy:D

"Whatever you think, don't never unless you will" -Ray Stevens

Starting Weight = 225,  Current weight = 124,  Goal weight = 130 !!!

505dardar
on 3/2/09 2:04 pm - albuquerque, NM
Couldn't find it Stacey
kathemil
on 3/2/09 8:08 pm - MD
I don't have speakers on this computer.  Would you be kind and just type up what they said.  I am curious to know.
liveinphx
on 3/2/09 8:50 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Basically 2 women call in to this radio station saying the went together to Mexico to have lapband surgery and one of them came back without one of their kidneys. She claims she did not know anything about it until she got an MRI and the tech scolded her for not mentioning she only had one kidney. She was having the MRI because of continued pain from her surgery. She claims she contacted the hospital in MX and the program named above and that all of them claim to never have heard of her and that she was never a patient there.
I am curious how this "victim" did not notice the large scar she would have had if her kidney had actually been removed. Not to mention that her family, friends, ER staff, MRI staff etc must have also overlooked the large scar. This kind of story has been around forever about folks waking up in various places without their kidney.
It is scary to me that the radio station and all the readers of posts like these not only believe this stuff without question but pass it on to others as "fact" and in need of warnings.
I actually emailed Belitemexico and advised them this is being posted on OH with a warning to others.
Keep in mind that while I did have my surgery in Mexico I am not connected with belitemexico at all.
Whatever you do is it truthful, necessary and kind?
kathemil
on 3/2/09 9:56 pm - MD
woww...that is scary.  But you're right, there's no way a person can not notice a scar on their back from the surgery and whatever else you go through when a kidney is taken out.  I'll go into Snopes.com and see if there is anything written about this.  I had my surgery in Mexico myself but I did alot of research before I did this.  Have you heard of dr. Zapata from www.ready4achange.com?  
beachyorkiemom
on 3/3/09 12:25 pm - san clemente, CA
Could the kidney have been remove through on of the incisions that are required to place the lap band? That would leave no unusual scars.
Cheryl
liveinphx
on 3/3/09 9:12 pm - Phoenix, AZ
While kidney removal can be done lap method the scars would be bigger and look different from doing the lap band. The research I did showed the scars would be about 2 inches long or longer. I had the sleeve not the lap band but I would have noticed a scar more than twice the size of my other ones.
This kind of rumor has been around in one form or another for years.
beachyorkiemom
on 3/4/09 12:12 am - san clemente, CA
http://www.laparoscopyinurology.com/kidneyremov.html According to this website, the scars would be .5 and 1cm, and barely noticeable after surgery.  I'm going to look it up now, I would think that the lap band scars would be similar in size.
liveinphx
on 3/4/09 12:16 am - Phoenix, AZ
liveinphx
on 3/4/09 12:31 am - Phoenix, AZ
On March 4, 2009 at 8:12 AM Pacific Time, beachyorkiemom wrote:
http://www.laparoscopyinurology.com/kidneyremov.html According to this website, the scars would be .5 and 1cm, and barely noticeable after surgery.  I'm going to look it up now, I would think that the lap band scars would be similar in size.
If the kidney is to be removed, this can be done by enlarging one of the instrumentation sites suitably .

Interestingly your site supports what I was saying that the scar/incision size for the kidney removal would be markedly different from the ones used for lapband.

I continue to be puzzled how this story continues to circulate the net and folks continue to believe it.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 244 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 434 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1057 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1621 views