Belightweight...Please listen to this...

Webbie
on 3/4/09 1:56 am - Plainfield, IN
Just to clarify...my intent is not to 'bash'...like I said, I went out of the country too.  And this one isn't just an urban legend passed around in an email somewhere.  I actually heard the broadcast. 
Also I want to emphasize- I am not saying this is true or a made up tale, I'm just giving the information and you are all adults here you can make up your own minds about it.  But what kind of person would I be if I heard something that could potentially harm my fellow bariatric buddies and just blow it off and not pass it on...again, I'm not pushing any opinions of mine on others I am just sending info that you, as capable adults, can make your own mind up about it!
-Sancy

"Whatever you think, don't never unless you will" -Ray Stevens

Starting Weight = 225,  Current weight = 124,  Goal weight = 130 !!!

liveinphx
on 3/4/09 2:15 am - Phoenix, AZ
I am not suggesting you were trying to bash. I am just saying I do not believe this incident actually occured. I am also giving examples of why I do not believe it to be true and my investment is not so much to make up their minds on where to go for surgery but to ask folks to use some critical thinking skills when faced with this type of "true story".
Whatever you do is it truthful, necessary and kind?
JoJoBanana
on 4/10/13 1:02 am

Some people are born with only one Kidney and never know. also sometimes one withered non functioning kidney..

They cannot remove a Kidney with a scope-They are located flank wise and it would be VERY painful afterward.Propaganda spreads rapidly.

Luckyc5
on 12/31/14 2:48 am

I have had bariatric surgery in Mexico twice, and I would encourage anyone to do your homework before investing your time, money, and possible complications, but....

I can personally vouch for Be-Lightweight.  Dr. Rodriguez performed my gastric sleeve surgery in Juarez, Mexico in 2011 at Star Medica.  My surgery was successful with absolutely no postoperative complications.  When I went for the surgery, I knew that there was a good chance that the surgery would not be able to be done related to past abdominal surgery and peritonitis, which left me with enormous amounts of adhesions.  Dr. Rodriguez did my surgery and removed most of the scar tissue.  

I had such confidence inBe-Lightweight and Dr. Rodriguez, that I recommended them to my brother.  Unfortunately he had a bad experience in the US with a failed bariatric surgery and a bad doctor.  In October 2014 he also travelled to Juarez for gastric bypass surgery.  His case was somewhat difficult as his weight was up to 515 pounds.  His surgery was without incident and he also had no postoperative complications.  Eight weeks post-op, he has lost 86 pounds.

I can't say a bad thing about BeLightweight, they are honest, ethical, and provide superior medical tourism service.  Dr. Rodriguez and his team are also extremely experienced, caring, and have a great success rate.  Both facilities, Star Medica and Hospital Angeles are nicer than any medical facility I have ever seen in the US.  I can't believe anyone would believe such an idiotic story.

bonnied
on 3/7/09 9:07 am - St. Albans, VT
I have been a surgical nurse for years.
A kidney can be removed via lap surgery---but it must be broken up into pieces first!
A kidney that is being removed for transplantation into another human being must be taken out WHOLE!
This would require a much bigger incision.
The websites about kideny removal listed here are not specific about the reason for the kidney removal.
A cancerous kidney gets hacked up and taken out bit by bit, a kidney for transplant must be removed whole and delicately, not bruised or injured, to increase the success rate of the transplant.
There are places in this world where this kind of stuff happens. But if someone wants to sell your kidney, it needs to be whole and intact.

JMHO

Bonnie
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 247 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 437 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1058 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1622 views