Teen surgery?

bamaya
on 10/29/14 12:57 am - Nunica, MI

MY 16yr old wants to get the sleeve.  My dh and I have both had it, and love it.  My son has battled overweight his whole life.  I know he is mature enough for it.  I see Cincinnati Hospital has a teen bariatric center, but my insurance won't cover.  Wondering if Mexico allows under 18 surgery.  Anyone know?

HW:232, SW:217, CW 190, SD: 5/14/13

Sammy D.
on 10/30/14 12:11 am, edited 10/30/14 12:12 am - New Bern, NC
VSG on 11/06/14

I think Dr. Alvarez at Endobariatric, and Dr. Rodriguez at BeliteWeight will do it. It also says my surgeon Dr. T. Ryan Heider will do it, and his all inclusive Self Pay package is very reasonable in Mooresville, NC

HW: 478+ Consult: 478 Pre Op: 453 SW: 438 CW: 293 (7-20-15) GW: 225 LBS Gone: 185

VSG with Dr. T. Ryan Heider at the Center for Surgical Weight Loss at Lake Norman 11-6-14

ACTS 2:38

zmdh39
on 11/3/14 5:51 am
On October 29, 2014 at 7:57 AM Pacific Time, bamaya wrote:

MY 16yr old wants to get the sleeve.  My dh and I have both had it, and love it.  My son has battled overweight his whole life.  I know he is mature enough for it.  I see Cincinnati Hospital has a teen bariatric center, but my insurance won't cover.  Wondering if Mexico allows under 18 surgery.  Anyone know?

Yes, I had surgery with Dr. Sergio Quinones 2 years ago, and I know of a 13 year old that had surgery with him not long after I had my surgery. She has done wonderfully. Many people think going to such extremes at such a young age is a little much, but I think it really depends on the child in question. You know your son better than anyone, for this surgery to help him he will need to understand that it is a life long change, it requires effort, self analyzation, and discipline...not to mention it can be an emotional roller coaster, which I am sure you and your husband fully understand.

I would highly recommend Dr. Quinones to anyone, especially if surgery is being consider for a minor. He has a deep care for the safety and success of his patients, excellent credentials and experience, as well as an amazing post-operative follow up staff. He is also a proctor certified surgeon that teaches bariatric surgery at the medical college in TJ.

Back when I had surgery with him I paid $4,000 for my surgery package, it was the best money I have ever spent. I hope this helps you out some, if you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 250 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 441 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1059 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1624 views