January 20th - can I do it?

TNRose
on 12/18/14 12:55 pm - TN

I'm still new to this community, but because of this sites influences, I've scheduled my sleeve surgery for January 20th with A Lighter Me. 

My emotions comes in waves -one minute I'm so excited and the next...sad because I can't lose the weight on my own and now I'm spending retirement money and scaring my family to death because I've chosen this surgery.  They're completely supportive, but the unspoken says it all. They're afraid of the unknown, and so am; despite all my research. 

I'm 100 pounds overweight, but I have no co-morbidities, and I take no medications at all.  However, I have 2 torn Achilles tendons, and really bad knees and ankles.  This extra load has such a negative impact and I am ready to be healthy, and I want my zest for life back.  Who am I these days? 

If you met me, you'd never know my weight has any bearing on my personality or day to day life.  I'm very positive and outgoing.  But not a single day goes by I'm not ashamed, or regretful of the years and cir****tances I've let pass me by, all because I'm obese and unable to sustain weight loss.

So I'm doing it!  I've scheduled my surgery and look forward to words of wisdom and perspective.  It would also be great to know if any others are scheduled for the same time frame.

Thanks!

Y D.
on 12/19/14 12:52 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

Wow, I could have written that post myself, it's so much like my experience too!

My surgery is on January 19th at Vida Hospital with Dr. Lopez. I took a loan from my 401k to pay for surgery, and my husband is definitely concerned about Mexico (I'm not, really). And I do have some disappointment that I couldn't do it on my own. I have fears that even THIS won't work! But, if anything will, it's this and I'm going to do my very best to be successful.

I need to lose about 80-100 lbs as well, so I'm considered a "lightweight", but even though I don't have serious co-morbidities, the weight has really taken its toll on me emotionally, mentally and physically.

We should really keep in touch, we have a lot in common and our surgeries are so close!

What hospital and hotel do you plan on being at? I will be at the Marriott, and Vida hospital.

TNRose
on 12/20/14 12:14 am - TN

YaaraK,

My surgery is going to be at MI Hospital, but I will be staying at the Marriott.  I would love to keep in touch!  It does sound like we have a lot in common, and this time next year, we'll wonder why we ever doubted our decision!

Memelee504
on 1/20/15 11:46 am - New Orleans, LA
with

hi Yaarak, yesterday was your big day and I hope all is well. Check in when you return home and let me know how things went.  Be blessed 

Memelee504
on 12/19/14 6:58 pm - New Orleans, LA
with

Yep! You can do it... I enjoyed reading your testimony it reads like a book in my life. I too wish I had been more successful with weight loss on my own. I have so many great ppl around me that has supported every diet, every program, and every trainer i have ever spent my money on.. And I hope this isn't one more thing... I'm not nervous about having surgery in MX. I'm nervous about not being successful one more time.. But come February I'm all in.. We can do this! Good luck to you and I will be checking on in both of you in January..

TNRose
on 12/20/14 12:15 am - TN

Thanks memelee504!  Please keep in touch, and let us know how things are going for you as well.  Thanks for your reply!

karlykay
on 12/26/14 12:52 pm

Totally get where you are coming from! I am scheduled to be sleeved on Jan. 21st by Dr. Rodriquez in TJ. One day I am super excited and can't wait to get on with it and the next day, I am consumed with doubts. I'm not too worried about traveling to Mexico, but my husband is. What I am worried about it my success afterward. Will I be successful? What will this change do to my marriage? All that good stuff. It is helpful knowing others are in the same situation and it would be great to keep in touch since our surgery dates are so close. Best of luck to you!

TNRose
on 12/26/14 11:40 pm - TN

I would LOVE to keep in touch!  I'm worried I may have to change my surgery date - had to order my husbands birth certificate to get his passport, and I still haven't received it!  Ugh. 

Best wishes and good luck on your upcoming surgery!  I'd love to hear how things are going!

karlykay
on 12/27/14 1:10 am

I have to laugh at our similarities! We are also waiting for my husband's birth certificate to arrive so we can go apply for our passports. I talked to the lady at our passport office and she said the expedited passports are two to three weeks out, but have been arriving much sooner. Fingers crossed for the both of us! 

TNRose
on 12/27/14 2:46 am - TN

Oh wow! Yes, fingers crossed.  I was very happy to receive my husband's bc in the mail today!  I am going to leave work a little early tomorrow so we can both go in person for our passports. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 194 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 399 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1022 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1581 views