My experience with Dr. Lopez and VIDA hospital

Memelee504
on 2/17/15 9:57 am - New Orleans, LA
with

I'm still in TJ, I had my VSG single incision on yesterday with Dr. Lopez.  First I want to say Dr Lopez and his team were the best. From my pick up at the airport by Frank to Myju meeting me at the hotel and Sandra meeting me the day of my surgery to go over all details than again after my surgery. Dr. Lopez was very attentive,  he met with me before the surgery, the next day after the surgery and visiting me once again at VIDA Boutique to check on me again. 

All of his doctors on his team from Dr Ortiz - Dr Sanchez -Dr. AnaKaren and a his entire crew of physician and nurses were top notch, each one spoke very good English and were very skilled and knowledgable in this procedure.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention the beautiful VIDA center, this building is like a 4 star hospital/hotel. While I was in surgery my husband stayed here on the 2nd floor while I was on the 4th  floor. He felt so much better being close to me. I had to stay in the hospital over night but he was able to visit with me directly after the surgery, before  he came back down to our room. I joined him the next day at the VIDA boutique. He has been bragging all day how they catered to him and how good the food was here at VIDA just like he was the patient. 

I am so excited I chose Dr. Lopez and the VIDA center to have my surgery. If you are afraid to go to Mexico to have weight loss surgery don't be, take it from me a girl from the south I would recommend my Dr Lopez and VIDA to anyone. 

Iskistala
on 2/18/15 1:05 am - Athens, AL
with

I am so glad to hear that you had a positive experience. I leave next Thursday traveling to TJ and you have greatly eased my mind (especially with all this transition stuff going on). Congrats on the beginning of your new journey! Quick question, if you know, what are you getting for pain (if you need anything)? I have heard that it isn't very strong and I am worried about post op pain, especially with a 30 hour car trip on the way back. My doctor wanted me to find out, because he said he would prescribe me something stronger if needed.

Congrats again!

Britt

Memelee504
on 2/18/15 5:29 am - New Orleans, LA
with

Britt, I dont know what they put in my IV when I was in the hospital but they gave me Mavidol SL to bring home.. I've only needed one but that maybe because I had single incision.. And not the 5 incisions.  

Iskistala
on 2/18/15 5:32 am - Athens, AL
with

Thank you so much!

Y D.
on 2/18/15 3:08 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

Yeah!!! Congrats hun!!

Memelee504
on 2/18/15 5:31 am - New Orleans, LA
with

Thank you I'm so excited.. Wait until u see my post how MBC tried to trick me and another girl by trying to send their driver for us. 

Y D.
on 2/18/15 5:35 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!! that is really too much!!! I can't wait to hear all about that.

Iskistala
on 2/18/15 5:35 am - Athens, AL
with

What in the world?!

Carmen83
on 2/21/15 10:46 pm
with

Thank you for your detailed post on your experience, I'm scheduled to be sleeved with Dr Lopez March 5th, getting a little nervous. 

tonyagreer
on 2/8/16 3:39 pm
Did you go thru ready 4 a change? I am set on dr Lopez but was not happy with the coordinator I was connected with. Any info would be great!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 195 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 401 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1024 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1582 views