Re-sleeve Dr.s in Mexico

Prettypuff
on 3/4/15 1:12 pm

I am looking very seriously about getting re sleeved, and I need recommendations on who to go to in Tijuana or somewhere else in Mexico. Thanks very much :)

Kathy S.
on 3/5/15 3:31 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi Prettypuff,

Here are some our members have had surgery with.  Review the profiles and if any of them look interesting to you let us know and we can have the coordinator contact you to answer any of your questions.

Gilberto Ungson, Bariatric Surgeon Bariatric Surgeon - ObesityHelp   Gilberto Ungson Bariatric Surgeon Bariatric Surgeon. Write Review ... I only had 2 REAL options for DS in Mexico in my mind, Dr. Aceves and Dr. Ungson.
David Beltran, Bariatric Surgeon Bariatric Surgeon - ObesityHelp   Dr. Beltran, along with all the other wonderful staff at the bariatric center (Dr. Campos, ... Dr. Beltran explained the procedure step by step and each of the More.  

Guillermo Alvarez, M.D. Bariatric Surgeon - ObesityHelp   Dr. Guillermo Alvarez is a highly skilled Mexico bariatric surgery practitioner who specializes in numerous forms of laparoscopic bariatric surgery, including ...  

Armando Joya, M.D. Bariatric Surgeon - ObesityHelp   Dr. Armando Joya is a world renowned expert on Lapband, Bypass surgery, and pioneer surgeon of the Gastric Sleeve surgery. No other doctor in Mexico has ...  

Jaime Ricardo Ramos Kelly, M.D. Bariatric Surgeon - ObesityHelp   Dr. Ramos Kelly is a respected, experienced bariatric and metabolic surgeon who has been featured internationally. He was born in West Branch, Michigan and ...  

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

band07sleeve13
on 3/7/15 6:57 am

I'm looking into this as well, so far I've narrowed it down to Dr. Corvala or Dr. Ariel Ortiz both are very well reviewed with very impressive credentials and history.  They both cost a little more but I think it's worth it . My only issue is to revise the sleeve, Dr. Oritz does a plication to "tighten" it, I'm not sure I want this.  I find its very hard to find many resleevers out there to share their experiences unfortunately, what about you?  Have you talked to anyone who has had it done?  

Prettypuff
on 3/7/15 8:02 pm

No I haven't been able to find any info as well, regarding resleevers. Maybe because the sleeve is rather new? I do NOT want plication. I want my sleeve re done. I do not want to revise to a mini gastric bypass either, as was suggested by another doc in Mexico. So what to do!!! 

band07sleeve13
on 3/7/15 9:44 pm

I feel the same way ! Dr. Ortiz want to do plication, Dr. Rodriguez wants to so mini bypass and while I'm impressed by their reviews I don't want either.  Dr corvela will re do the sleeve though, I was just hoping for more information and more options. 

band07sleeve13
on 3/7/15 9:45 pm

I feel the same way ! Dr. Ortiz want to do plication, Dr. Rodriguez wants to so mini bypass and while I'm impressed by their reviews I don't want either.  Dr corvela will re do the sleeve though, I was just hoping for more information and more options. 

band07sleeve13
on 3/9/15 9:20 am

As I continue to research this I've been very impressed with Dr. Wilhelmy and the information they have sent me on revisions, just wanted to pass that along.  Dr. Ramos Kelly and Dr. Corvala are also still at the top of my list. 

Prettypuff
on 3/10/15 11:00 am

Thanks for your info! What are the prices you are finding? 

band07sleeve13
on 3/10/15 11:11 am

Unfortunately higher than I would like, but significantly less than the 2 Iv already paid for ! Lol Corvala is $8500 Wilhelmy is usually $8750 but if you send $500 and schedule a date before the end of March you can lock in $7950. Ramos Kelly is much cheaper if you go the the new clinic at $5500 and I haven't gotten a price from Rodriguez yet but as I said before Wilhelmy is my front runner, it seems they have done a lot of revisions with great success. 

Prettypuff
on 3/15/15 4:10 am

Have you checked into Baja Bariatrics, with Dr. Illan?? I've been seeing wonderful feedback in his Facebook group. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 228 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 427 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1054 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1614 views