RNY in Mexico?

Heavy Duty00
on 5/15/15 10:50 pm

has anyone gotten the rny bypass done in mexico? Which Dr did you use and what hospital? What are you doing for follow up at home? 

Sandra F.
on 5/18/15 6:12 am

I did not have the RNY in Mexico but rather the sleeve.  I used Dr. Fernando Garcia of tijuanabariatrics.com and went directly to his company, rather than going through a coordinator such as Ready4aChange.  He does the RNY too.  I have to say that they have not really been in touch with me since surgery though.

newslim2015
on 5/18/15 12:51 pm

I had the gastric sleeve instead, I did a research and found that it was a better option, I went into bariatricpal.com and had a great deal with DR. J. LOPEZ, I've been doing Skype with him or his staff since then, before and after surgery, they took really good care of me and you get to bring someone with you. I'm 55 pounds of already and feeling great.

Heavy Duty00
on 5/18/15 7:20 am, edited 5/18/15 7:20 am

I'm researching a lot too. At first I decided on the bypass because my insurance did not cover the sleeve. Now that I'm self paying I can do either. I'm worried about the sleeve and reflux. It can get worse sometimes with the sleeve. I definitely don't want that to happen.

newslim2015
on 5/19/15 10:52 am

My surgeon worked along with my primary doctor here in the states, I didn't fight much with reflux, but I did have it, so they gave me medication, and had to fix my diet a little...besides I don't eat after 7pm..that also helps.

E C.
on 5/26/15 7:26 am

I had reflux prior to sleeve surgery in 2011 in Mexico...just had a conversion to RNY (here in states this time) due to the reflux and the sleeve being made too narrow at my mid-stomach.  Since the surgery, no more reflux and no more medication for it.  If I had to do it all over again, I definitely would have done the RNY since it had to come to that anyway.  I feel good!

ckh72
on 6/11/15 9:26 am
RNY on 06/03/15 with

I just came back had surgery on 06/03/15 with Dr. Louisiana Valenzuela. I had the RNY Bypass. So far I'm very pleased. I'm following up with my primary doc here. All you need is routine labs done and everything should be great. 

Jennifer W.
on 6/11/15 12:05 pm - Kimberly, OR

In November of 2007 I went to Ensenada Mexico and had RNY surgery. Dr. Martin Salvador has stayed in contact with me over the years and it was the best experience I ever had down there. YES I would do it again. Now, almost 8 yrs later I want to say I did gain weight back. It isn't a magic solution. It feels like it is for the first few years but amazingly the body has a way of healing and adapting. I gained back up to 209 and had to do low carb high fat to lose back to where I am now at 174. If you have questions about my last seven years feel free to message me

Jen

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 228 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 427 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1054 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1614 views