I would like reviews on Dr. Almanza

Tserfes
on 8/26/15 10:25 pm

I have finally scheduled my vgs for the beginning of 2016. Any and all reviews on Dr. Almanza is appreciated! As you can tell I am nervous. This is a Big life step for me!

terrapin16
on 8/27/15 11:09 am - CO

Just found this on the gen discussion board:

I was silly enough for a second.... thank God to be as price sensitive to look for a cheap option and then found about 6 channel 10 news stories on why not to choose cheap here is just one of the links: http://www.10news.com/news/team-10-dozens-injured-during-wei ght-loss-surgery-in-mexico I am going to choose Dr. Jose Rodriguez through beliteweight.com who my friend went to with outstanding results. Accredited hospital and the Dr. is amazing. I am so glad I decided not to go cheap and risk my life.

(deactivated member)
on 8/29/15 6:14 am
VSG on 08/15/15 with

Please research very recent events. He is no longer endorsed by many bariatric partners because of care and doing 10-20 surgeries a day, with even reports of 2 surgeries going on at the same time. And people who were booked with him are receiving refunds from the practice. Please research! Thee have been several injuries and deaths. http://www.10news.com/news/team-10-investigates-agency-responsible-for-booking-bariatric-surgery-that-is-injuring-patients

Tserfes
on 8/29/15 9:05 am

Thank you for information! Who do you recommend?

TerryF9
on 8/29/15 10:32 am

There has been a lot of negative press on Dr. Almanza lately,  he was even on the news because three women who had surgery with him had severe health issues and are going back to Mexico to file a formal legal complaint against him with the proper authorities. This information can be found easily, you can just google it. 

I had my surgery with Dr. Mario Camelo Ramos, he was recommended by a friend who had her gastric sleeve with him. The secret is to find the doctor's personal or direct coordinator and not go through a large medical tourism company. I did not want to be surgery #12 of any particular day. 

Good luck with your decision and your surgery. It's been the best decision I ever made.

(deactivated member)
on 8/29/15 2:42 pm
VSG on 08/15/15 with

I had my VSG with Dr Alvarez on 8/15/15, and can not say enough amazing things about him. He does cost more than the Tijuana doctors, but the way I saw it was "how much is my life worth". And I could not find one negative word about him anywhere... Even on here there are 742 positive reviews. I got financing, but they also do payments to prepay. 

His coordinator and his staff are amazing to work with, and he has been great post op as well, which is sometimes also a complaint of some with other Mexico doctors. I have his personal number and email and he gets back to you within 15 minutes. 

And the other part I loved, No more than 3 surgeries a day!!!! And you stay in a full hospital the entire time. My hubby came with me and they treated him amazing. 

I'm 2 weeks post op today and down 23 lbs, 14 since surgery :) my mother is planning to go to him in January because of how great my experience was. Please look him up and call or email them, you will not regret it for a second!

Tserfes
on 8/29/15 3:25 pm

That is Awesome! So happy for you! I know I need this done. Have tried several years and nothing! I need to get healthy!

(deactivated member)
on 8/29/15 5:16 pm
VSG on 08/15/15 with

Thank you :) and that's exactly why I did it too...... Been heavy all my life and tried everything without sustained success. And all I want is to be healthy. I really don't care about a certain number on the scale, I just want to be happy and healthy. 

Tserfes
on 8/29/15 11:13 pm

I have contacted Dr. Alverez and now waiting on reply. I do think he is the best fit! Ty for recommendations!

SLeevecity
on 9/2/15 10:04 am

Dr Alvarez has an excellent reputation. I wanted an FACS surgeon at a JCI Accredited Hospital /Bariatric Center of Excellence.

I considered Dr Jose Rodriguez, Dr Jaime Kelley and Dr Juan Corvala at Hospital Angeles.

I chose Dr Corvala, the Director of Bariatric Surgery at Hospital Angeles, spent 5 days there and 2 at Hotel Lucerne.

Top notch experience.

Good luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 249 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 440 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1059 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1624 views