VSG to DS - Going back to Mexico to finish this. 6 months out, 115 lbs gone forever :)

Jennifer E.
on 9/28/15 7:07 pm

Hello everyone! I had the sleeve done in Mexico by Dr. Garcia back in March 2015. I went with the hopes of having the DS done but due to my extremely high BP Dr. Garcia only felt safe doing the Sleeve part. I am ready for the part two and to get the DS. I lost 115lbs so far but I have A LOT more to go and I feel the DS will only help me get to my goal and keep me there. I love having this tool for my weight loss journey. 

Anyone else going back to Mexico for additional procedures?  

BebeZed
on 9/29/15 12:27 pm - Bellingham, WA

I had a crap band done in Monterrey in 2008... it never really worked out for me. I'm going for a revision to DS with Dr Esquerra (trained by and worked with Dr Ungson for 3 years) in Mexicali - surgery is October 3rd. 

(deactivated member)
on 11/18/15 12:58 pm

How did it go? In my case everything went as planned. 

BebeZed
on 11/25/15 6:48 am - Bellingham, WA

I could not have been in better hands! I am so pleased with how well everything turned out!

I was in surgery for over 5 hours because of all the scar tissue and a hiatal hernia that was fixed but to be honest, I was in way more pain after my lap band surgery than I was for the DS. My incisions were way smaller for this surgery than for the lap band and I had zero gas pains. I had horrible gas pains after the lap band. I was back at work a week after my surgery (I work a desk job, nothing physical). 

I am still getting used to getting all of the liquids in and getting all of my protein can be a challenge on my "tiny tummy" days but I am feeling great and losing the weight. Zero complications. I am so glad I did this! 

I'm glad everything went well for you!

maybemaybenot
on 10/15/15 1:22 pm

I am going Oct 29th with Dr Garcia for the sleeve I currently have the band.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 195 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 401 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1024 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1582 views