Success depending on dr?

Mandydanee
on 5/23/16 2:10 pm

I am leaving towards Dr Quinones for the sleeve surgery. I feel like I don't see a lot of before and after a posted on his sites. Does anyone feel like some surgeons patients are more successful because of the "good job" their surgeon did in the procedure? Or am I crazy to wonder that? 

ImShellNurse
on 5/23/16 2:15 pm

As a nurse, I feel like patient outcomes can always be contributed, in some degree, to the skill of the surgeon.  That is why I chose Dr. Alvarez. He has the distinction of Bariatric Surgeon of Excellence, which is only given to 11 surgeons worldwide.  I would definitely pay attention to reviews.

Mandydanee
on 5/23/16 3:07 pm

My head is just spinning. I feel like i settle on someone and then i read something that makes me nervous. Hate this process of finding someone!

fruitsnaks
on 5/23/16 9:25 pm
On May 23, 2016 at 10:07 PM Pacific Time, Mandydanee wrote:

My head is just spinning. I feel like i settle on someone and then i read something that makes me nervous. Hate this process of finding someone!

Well I was just the same as you were but I could not find anything negative about my surgeon that is why I choose to go with him.

Good luck and any choice that you make will be the best you can do. Good luck and keep us all informed on you choice.

fruitsnaks
on 5/23/16 9:21 pm

I just had surgery with Dr Quinones and no I do not think you are crazy for thinking that. I had a grat exsperience with Dr Quinones he was great friend and doctor. Not only was he their for my needs he is registered from Jonson and Johnson and he had a lot of other quality's like he teaches doctors to do bariatric and he has even done residential w.l.s in tre U.S.

If you choose to go with him you will not regreat it you will see.

When are you planing to have surgery, have you already started any pre op?

Sandra F.
on 5/26/16 6:01 am

I think that the success of the patient is directly related to the job that the surgeon did.  I did not use Dr. Q but did have my surgery in Mexico.  Good luck to you, whomever you choose.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 225 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 426 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1054 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1612 views