Has anyone used Dr. Ponce de Leon directly, with no coordinator?

Tinkershells
on 5/24/16 6:12 am

I am scheduled for a VSG on July 9th, 2016 with Dr. Ponce de Leon and co.  I contacted them directly without speaking to their coordinator. Dr. Frayre contacted me directly to set things up. Has anyone else done this before?  I am asking, because the whole thing seems a little unorganized to me compared to other people's stories.  I did my research on Dr.'s, so I'm not worried about the actual surgery itself, but the coordination has me a little worried.  For instance, all I did was text him the day that I wanted to have surgery, and he texted back that it was fine, and then I sent Dr. Frayre my air travel itinerary.  He has not sent that much information to me.  Should I be worried, or will I actually have a date, driver, hotel, surgery when I get there. He also told me to have my payment, certified check, made out to him, Dr. Frayre, which I think is kind of weird.  Can someone please help me clarify?

Thanks, 

Mary

(deactivated member)
on 5/24/16 11:07 pm - CA

There does seem to be a few red flags.  What company did you use to book the surgeon or was it directly through the surgeon?   

Tinkershells
on 5/25/16 9:25 am

Directly through. I cancelled and went with dr. Illan through his coordinator now. I've talked to the doc on the phone and feel way more comfortable.

DME
on 5/28/16 1:36 pm

I am worried now too as I am scheduled with Dr Ponce. Please inform where is Dr Illac. I'd like to consider. Thank you in advance.  DME

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 195 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 401 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1024 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1582 views