menstrual period

fruitsnaks
on 5/27/16 2:02 pm

I have had my menstrual period twice this month and do not know if this is normal or what. Has anybody that has had surgery had this happen to them? Could it be due to the hormonal change that I might be going through? The first time was not even my normal timing and this time was when I was supposed to have it. Is their something I should be doing or should I call my surgeon what do you all think?

The thing is I always have my period on the same day I'm very regular so that is what is kinda getting me sketchy. The first time I had bleed pretty well and this time not so much. So pleas give me some advice or let me know if this is something that happens to some patients after w.l.s.

hollykim
on 5/27/16 3:59 pm, edited 5/27/16 8:59 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On May 27, 2016 at 9:02 PM Pacific Time, fruitsnaks wrote:

I have had my menstrual period twice this month and do not know if this is normal or what. Has anybody that has had surgery had this happen to them? Could it be due to the hormonal change that I might be going through? The first time was not even my normal timing and this time was when I was supposed to have it. Is their something I should be doing or should I call my surgeon what do you all think?

The thing is I always have my period on the same day I'm very regular so that is what is kinda getting me sketchy. The first time I had bleed pretty well and this time not so much. So pleas give me some advice or let me know if this is something that happens to some patients after w.l.s.

yes, it happens often to women who menstruate. It is from hormone dumping, as hormones are stored in fat and when the fat is broken down and used during weight loss, the hormones flood your blood stream and can cause break thru. 

They can also make us *****y or Whiney

, but none of it lasts.

fruitsnaks
on 5/27/16 4:00 pm

O.k thanks.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 252 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 442 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics