Surgery with Dr. Ramos Kelly?? Freaking out!!

KitCatsHeart
on 11/1/16 9:51 am

Hey there!

I am in the process of scheduling my sleeve surgery with Dr. Ramos Kelly. I am having a ton of anxiety! I've read so may amazing things about him but a lot of it appears to be older and some of the more recent things have not been so great :/ the surgery in general is giving me lots of anxiety but I'm really trying to get this all figured out. Anyone have any insight? 

mbrown101
on 11/1/16 7:45 pm
VSG on 08/26/16 with

Hi, don't know that Dr. I had surgery Aug. 26 2016 with Dr Alvarez. If you haven't picked out a Dr yet please check his site out at endobriatric.com the surgery takes him 25-35 min. Then your done. Woke up from surgery great. No problems no pain. Everything is included with price. Except airfare to San Antonio, I drove because I'm in Houston. It really felt like a vacation. Everything was handled from the start. No regrets..best of luck to ya ?

MichiganTexan
on 11/2/16 8:14 am
VSG on 10/05/16

I had surgery with Dr Ramos Kelly on 10/4/16.  I had the VSG at the San Juan Clinic.  My experience was very good.  His driver picked up up at the airport to take us to TJ, there were no issues crossing the border going or coming back into the US. 

The driver took us to the hospital to have our X-rays and blood work done and then to the hotel.  I though the hotel was nice there is part of it under construction but still not to bad.

The next day we were picked up and taken to the clinic, there were 3 surgery's that day, I was the last to go.  I was told from the time they took my back till they brought me back to my room was around 2 hours.  I was up and walking about an hour later.  The stay in the clinic was not bad, I had never had any type of surgery or spent any time in the hospital.  The nurses spoke some English, but not a lot. 

Had the surgery on Tuesday and on Thursday left the clinic went for the leak test, all was good no issues with any of us.  Then we were taken back to the hotel, it was early in the morning so we had to wait a while for our rooms to be ready. We left to go home Friday morning.

I was nervous as well, never having surgery and then having one in Mexico, its only been a month but I feel it was a good decision.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 228 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 427 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1054 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1615 views