Surgeon & Surgery Center Drama - What to do?

kmalcom28
on 1/2/17 6:19 pm

I was so excited that I found a surgeon that came highly recommended from a friend. Between her and her friends/family, they've had 5 surgeries with this doctor. Part of the package was that the surgery center was so great. So I booked with the surgeon but found out that he is no longer performing surgeries at that surgery center. I've been on the phone with both and now I feel like I just don't want to be in the middle of the drama between them. And it came to light because the surgeon's rep said they did not have any available surgery dates at the surgery center but my friend called the surgery center and learned that is not true.

Gastric sleeve was scheduled for 1/25 - and I don't want to postpone. Who do you recommend in Tijuana?

Kathy S.
on 1/10/17 1:35 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

You have mail   

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Nikkih1028
on 1/11/17 2:05 am

May I ask what Doctor, because I have a surgery scheduled for February 25 in tijuana. Just want to make sure it's not the same MD 

kmalcom28
on 1/13/17 3:02 pm

Maytorena and the JL Prado Surgical Center. Maytorena's coordinator, Ruben, has great things to say about what their new amenities are like and he sounds legit in talking about the surgical center dates not being available. However I learned that he was telling lies (I verified for myself by talking to the owner of the surgical center). I just did not feel as comfortable after that. I was also warned about their patients being turned away from the other facilities if another more important surgery came in. I asked Ruben about that possibility and he said the other facilities have other surgeons that do the same surgeries there and they don't like the fact Dr. Maytorena does them for such a small amount.

Please note that I am not talking bad about Dr. Maytorena. He was highly recommended. But the recommendation including the use of JL Prado and their recovery house.

Nikkih1028
on 1/13/17 6:18 pm

Thank you so much I actually considered him but with with someone else. Thank u again for your response.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 195 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 401 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1024 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1582 views