Can we talk financing?

LaceyKitN
on 4/15/17 9:41 pm - Olympia, WA

Hi all,

I believe I have chosen the surgeon and facility I want to go through for my revisional surgery from a failed vsg to the ds (Dr. Esquerra in Mexicali).

Now I need money.

For those of you who financed and might not have the best credit in the world but got approved anyway respond and let me know who you financed with?

For a little bit more information...my credit isn't terrible. I don't have any bankruptcies or anything like that....it's just that my husband legally separated from me a year ago and things are way harder going from two incomes to 1. Yes. I missed a couple payments here and there while I figured out how to make it all work. The credit score has gone down some. And on paper we are still tied together so even though he pays for certain expenses, legally I am still tied to quite a bit of debt.

I did a soft pull of my credit score the other day and I have dropped from a 750 to 7o5...

Any good recommendations?

Michelle

Olympia, WA

jshereetaylor
on 4/18/17 9:16 am
Revision on 04/22/17

I am having a revision from VSG to DS by Dr Esquerra 4/22. I took a small personal loan out. I was saving anyway, so I didn't take the whole amount out. I was originaly planning on having this done in June, but we lost a couple of people at work and I knew I would not be able to take off for more than a couple of days.

I would think that if you are at 705, you should be able to get a loan. It may wind up having to be secured maybe with a vehicle, but I certainly think you will have some options.

LaceyKitN
on 4/18/17 10:14 am - Olympia, WA

4\22\17???? How exciting! I am really happy for you. Are you ready to go? I am looking at trying to schedule my surgery ASAP too. I just need to figure out this whole financing thing and I am there!

Are you ready? Are you going alone or bringing somebody?

I will think of you in 4 days.

Hugs.

Michelle

jshereetaylor
on 4/18/17 10:20 am
Revision on 04/22/17

I am going alone. I am as ready as I can be, I suppose. I am on liquids now.

lizsanchez
on 4/24/17 3:34 pm

Hi

My hospital was Florence Hospital Tijuana and Florence Direct Care is who does the reservation, they offer financing via United medical credit

BETHEUNICORN
on 6/26/17 12:33 am
VSG on 08/20/17

My credit was crap (~680) so my only option for an unsecured loan was through Lending USA. With your credit being a lot higher than mine I would think you would have better options. I had quite a few that would have let me use my car as collateral for a secured loan but that freaked me out. It's not that I'm not planning to pay my loan back, of course I am planning on it, but anything could happen & I don't want to have to worry that I might have my car taken from me. So for me getting the unsecured loan was the best choice.

kellye71
on 6/26/17 10:08 am - Lancaster, SC

I used www.beliteweight.com - they offer in-house financing. I had to make a deposit and provide a down-payment (based on credit) and then paying the rest off in monthly installments ~ about 2 years. Granted you have to use the surgeons that have partnered with them, but I have had excellent success. I had a VSG to RNY revision in March 2016 & have lost 145 pounds & have been maintaining for about 4-6 months. No complications post-op and they were great to work with.

If you want to go fast, go alone.
If you want to go far, go together.

-- African Proverb

Eggface
on 6/26/17 1:13 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

I hope you are able to gather the funds and all goes well.

CareCredit.com is one I often see used

0% Intro APR credit card maybe?

I was a self pay in Mexico but cash pay for both my WLS and plastics (which is why I have a 1997 fingers-crossed-it-lasts-many-more-years vehicle) both great experiences wishing you the same.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

friedmanadam
on 3/25/22 9:00 am

Thanks for this information

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 194 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 399 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics