Questions re: Dr Illan

Lvmommy2k
on 6/6/17 2:45 pm

Hi everyone! Newbie here. Been researching WLS in Mexico. I like what I've seen so far from Dr Illan. I have two questions:

1. Were there any unexpected costs? We would be driving to Mexico so we would not need taxi/uber.
  2. How was your pain controlled? I read about a physician who wanted $1k extra for a pain pump and wouldn't give any narcotics (even while inpatient) to control post-op pain

Thanks in advance for your replies!!

globaljuju
on 6/22/17 10:20 am
VSG on 12/20/13

I had surgery with Dr. Illan in December of 2014. He is a fine, respectable surgery who cares about his patients. There were ZERO extra costs to me. I don't remember what they gave me for pain, but a pain pump in Mexico is probably very rare, and totally unnecessary for a sleeve gastrectomy. I was looked after every minute of the day - taken out to walk, taken out to eat and shop, reminded to do my breathing exercises, fed very well (special vegetarian meals), etc. The only extra money I paid was to dine out and a tip for the coordinator, and the shopping that I did.

globaljuju
on 6/22/17 10:21 am
VSG on 12/20/13

respectable surgeon, not surgery. When will I learn to proofread?

GLanier
on 12/6/17 9:31 pm

Did you end up getting your surgery with Dr. Illan? I am doing research and wanted to hear some reviews. I also wanted to see, if you got it done, how soon were you able to schedule an appointment. I have been going through the process here for a little over a year and my insurance does not cover WLS and its too expensive here. I am jusr so ready. My hubby is wary about out of country surgery so I need to do a lot of research to convince him. Anything you could tell me if you went there would be greatly appreciated.

marcbittner
on 12/12/17 7:51 pm

Hi, I wonder if you've done your surgery with Dr. lllan? i am looking to book surgery with him too

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 194 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 400 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1023 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1581 views