Thoughts on traveling/surgery alone?

NanaB73
on 10/23/17 11:02 am

I'm very close to scheduling my VSG with Dr Lopez Corvala. I'd love to hear from those who did surgery in Mexico and went alone.

(deactivated member)
on 11/29/17 8:48 pm
MyBariatricLife
on 1/16/18 12:12 am

I have traveled within the USA by myself for surgery. It isn't easy but it is doable. One of the things that I like about surgery in Mx is that you aren't as isolated as I was. You have someone checking in on you every day. I was alone in a hotel by 10 nights.

I have also traveled through Mexico by car having spent a month there last year. I was not alone that time. And I had medical treatment in Merida. Not surgery, but treatment for a digestive disorder. I was extremely impressed with the hospital, physician, quality of care that I received, and the price. I paid $25 US for an hour with a gastroenterologist. That's more than my copay back home, and far less time than my gastro spends with me.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

SKhan
on 1/25/18 9:07 am - Streamwood, IL

Hi there @NanaB73

Did you end up getting the VSG? How did it go? How are you feeling? What was your experience like (good and bad).

I am scheduled for 2/16 but with BeLiteWeight. Would love to hear back about your experience

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 230 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 429 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1057 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1618 views