GSV Revision to Gastric Bypass Dr. Recommendations

KARussell79
on 10/30/17 1:02 pm
VSG on 03/17/13

Hi All -

I had Gastric Sleeve (US Doctor) in March 2013 and lost 85lbs at that time (60% of excess weight). Almost immediately I started regaining weight when I hit my lowest. Today, I find myself very unhappy and am researching Revision surgery to Gastric Bypass in Mexico because I am paying cash.

I spoke with Dr. Pompa in Tijuanna on Friday and was impressed with her over the phone but have not been successful in finding any recent reviews on her and specifically those targeted towards Gastric Bypass so I'm reaching out to this group for recommendations.

Who did you have Gastric Bypass surgery with, in Mexico? Would you trust them to do another surgery?

Thanks so much!

Kim

hollykim
on 10/30/17 3:03 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On October 30, 2017 at 8:02 PM Pacific Time, KARussell79 wrote:

Hi All -

I had Gastric Sleeve (US Doctor) in March 2013 and lost 85lbs at that time (60% of excess weight). Almost immediately I started regaining weight when I hit my lowest. Today, I find myself very unhappy and am researching Revision surgery to Gastric Bypass in Mexico because I am paying cash.

I spoke with Dr. Pompa in Tijuanna on Friday and was impressed with her over the phone but have not been successful in finding any recent reviews on her and specifically those targeted towards Gastric Bypass so I'm reaching out to this group for recommendations.

Who did you have Gastric Bypass surgery with, in Mexico? Would you trust them to do another surgery?

Thanks so much!

Kim

the only group I would recommend after having 3 surgeries on MX is Mexicali Bariatrics.

i would not use dr pomp's at all as ppl in the past have reported that the sleeves she does are hour glass shaped , diagnosed by X-rays and scopes. I would've afraid she would not do a bypass correctly either.

(deactivated member)
on 10/31/17 7:42 am

Hi Kim,

Dr. Enrique Arias is one of the world's finest and most experienced bariatric surgeons. He founded Obesity El Salvador and has done thousands of gastric bypass procedures. Although we have many excellent surgeons in our network, including in Tijuana, Mexico City, Guadalajara, Puerto Vallarta, and Mexicali, we're currently running a special for Dr. Arias on bariatric procedures. You can find out about him and the sale here.

He's located in El Salvador, where prices are typically higher than Mexico, but with the sale, the price is comparable. If you only want to go to Mexico, we have doctors located in Mexico in our network, and all have been thoroughly credentialed and have reviews on our site. But you won't find a more qualified surgeon than Dr. Arias. Plus, we'll help you through the whole process at no charge as part of these sale packages.

marcbittner
on 12/12/17 4:47 pm

Hi Kim, I am having very similar situation as you are, now I am looking for Mini Gastric Bypass surgery in Mexico. I am wondering if you have had your surgery, and which surgeon did you go with.

Thanks.

Marc

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 246 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 436 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1057 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1621 views