Dr. Fernando Garcia Tijuana Bariatrics

LadyRed52
on 5/21/18 12:04 am
VSG on 07/19/18

I can't seem to find anything really current about Dr. Garcia, so I'm going to share my journey and results. First of all, I don't have any results yet. LOL! My surgery is scheduled for July 19th. So you all are starting this adventure with me from the very beginning.

Where is the beginning? I'm not sure. I used to run marathons. I was once on a billboard in a bikini after winning swimsuit competitions for 8 weeks straight at a club in my hometown. I was physically fit, happy and very secure in my own skin. Then I guess life just happened. I got older, worked more, had less time for me. I have a 15 year old son but I am fortunate to say pregnancy didn't change my body much. I really began to notice changes about 5 years ago. (I'm 46). Once I hit 40, it just seemed to all go straight downhill! I gained 80 pounds over about a 3 year period. 80 pounds!

My blood pressure is always high, triglycerides are high, hemoglobin A1C is borderline diabetic. I can't climb a flight of stairs without being short of breath. I have a small stress fracture in my left foot that has never properly healed and I know it is because I am carrying all this weight around. I am exhausted all the time. I feel like an alien in my own body. But here's the thing...

Most people wouldn't really consider me to be that overweight. I'm one of those low BMI people. I'm 5'8 and go between 210 and 215 lbs at any given time. However, because of the health problems listed above and the fact that no diet or amount of exercise has improved anything for the last 2 years, I'm going for it! I'm a nurse and have spoken at length with one of the doctors I work with about WLS for lower BMIs (30-35). This doc believes there is a benefit to intervention before morbid obesity and patients with lower beginning BMIs have more success long term and less complications.

I chose Dr. Garcia because I have a very dear friend who had gastric bypass with him in July 2016. She has had phenomenal results and has truly changed her life. She also has referred 5 others to him who have had the same great experience. So I'm taking the plunge!

I'm scheduled for VSG on July 19th. I plan to keep a detailed blog of my journey that will hopefully be beneficial to others, especially since I fit into 2 hot categories, low BMI and surgery in Mexico.

Stay tuned!!!

Kathy S.
on 5/21/18 8:49 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Good Morning

Once you have your surgery be sure and leave a review for Dr. Garcia so others like you will see a more recent review.

Congratulations on your upcoming surgery and keep us posted on how you doing.

Regards,

Kathy

Member Services

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 230 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 429 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics