Dr.almanza in mexico

colodoeeyes99
on 10/16/18 6:42 am
VSG on 02/19/19

I have a surgery scheduled with dr. Almanza in february 2019. Ive seen mixed reviews on him. Has anyone used him? Thoughts?

kaytiebugs
on 10/25/18 11:11 am - Flowery Branch, GA

There are way too many great surgeons in Mexico to choose one with mixed reviews. I would not use Almanza. A class action lawsuit was filed against him this year.

hollykim
on 10/28/18 2:04 pm, edited 10/28/18 7:07 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On October 25, 2018 at 6:11 PM Pacific Time, kaytiebugs wrote:

There are way too many great surgeons in Mexico to choose one with mixed reviews. I would not use Almanza. A class action lawsuit was filed against him this year.

link to the alleged lawsuit?

Where in MX did you have your surgery since you seem to be so very well versed on it?

hollykim
on 11/26/18 3:06 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On November 26, 2018 at 9:23 PM Pacific Time, Member Services wrote:

I think this is the one she is referring to. https://www.wptv.com/news/local-news/investigations/class-ac tion-lawsuit-filed-against-weight-loss-doctor-victims-could- be-nationwide

Thank you!

hollykim
on 11/9/18 5:27 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

still waiting on the link to that lawsuit. And where did you say you had your surgery?

hollykim
on 11/14/18 2:41 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

did you find the link to the lawsuit yet? Still waiting...

hollykim
on 10/28/18 2:07 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On October 16, 2018 at 1:42 PM Pacific Time, colodoeeyes99 wrote:

I have a surgery scheduled with dr. Almanza in february 2019. Ive seen mixed reviews on him. Has anyone used him? Thoughts?

I had surgery with him nearly 8 years ago. I have Mercer had ANY trouble with my surgery. Lost 122# and have maintained the loss for nearly 8 years.

i was less pleased with the outfit he was working for but have nothing but good things to say about his skill as a surgeon.

My hunger went away and has stayed away. I attribute that to his being a good surgeon and doing my surgery correctly.

jennifermhampton
on 5/6/19 10:04 pm
VSG on 06/15/14

I had sleeve surgery done by Dr. Almanza about 5 years ago but would NEVER recommend any others use him. In fact, my mom and sister both traveled to Tijuana for the same surgery but they used a different hospital and surgeon and they were way more pleased. I was with both of them for their surgeries and the experience was much different and way more professional. I felt like part of cattle that was rushed through a line. My friend actually walked by the room during my surgery and saw me on the table! The doctor himself was showboating about how well his own surgery has worked and never really seemed interested in the details of my own health/surgery. It wasn't a back alley type of place but it felt similar to me. I'm thinking about having a revision surgery but I definitely won't be using his services. Never again.

jennifermhampton
on 5/6/19 10:05 pm
VSG on 06/15/14

Did you have your surgery?

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 195 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 401 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1024 views