Argentina - Bariatric and Plastic Surgery

John E.
on 6/14/03 8:32 am - San Francisco, CA
I lost 80lbs last year, again. If the weight comes back, my next step will be bariatric surgery. I will definitely have in done in Buenos Aires. I've gained and lost over the years and after this last weight loss, I had really aged. I started researching plastic surgery and realized I couldn't afford to have it done correctly in the US. After 6 months of intensive research I decided on Argentina. It has excellent health care and because of their unfortunate financial crisis it is unbelievably cheap. Argentineans are known to be some of the most elegant and attractive people. They are notoriously obsessed with image, status, being more European than Europeans, and have one of the highest, if not the highest, rates of consumption for cosmetic surgery. Though Argentina has excellent medical schools, most of the Doctors I interviewed were trained and licensed in the US (see above comment about image and status). My surgeon worked with the surgeon here in San Francisco responsible for developing the SMAS lift. I had: a minimal incision SMAS lift, rhinoplasty, chin implant, extensive abdominal liposuction, and a hair transplant for $2,500.00. This included a 48-hour stay in the hospital with a 24X7 US trained and California licensed RN. The results are brilliant and far surpass my expectations. I recuperated in an elegant 4 star hotel for $24.00 a night. The costs will be slightly more now that the dollar has lost value and the Argentine economy has begun to recover. However, The prices are still a fraction of the cost for surgery here. I contacted my surgeon prior to writing this and the same procedures would be $2700.00 today. The biggest problem is the seductive quality of the country and the people. Despite the economic crisis, Buenos Aires remains one of the safest cites in the world. They literally tried to surpass Paris. I not only plan to return, I am considering retiring there. This is a problem for those of us who don't speak a single word of Spanish.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 225 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 426 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1054 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1612 views