number or recuperation days postop

juanita F.
on 9/27/03 2:35 am - plano, tx
I am considering rny surgery. Since I can't get my insurance to cover it, I will probably go to Mexico . Dr Aguirre's posts have been very complimentary and I think I would go with him. What is the wait time, once you decide? If he does the open, how soon did you go back to work? Does he do the lap rny? thanks Juanita
Jerry P.
on 9/27/03 10:40 am
Juanita - I think he is booking into February right now.. maybe March. He has gained so much recognition through this site he is getting quite the waiting list. Just email him and ask him what the dates available are. The wait time to return to work if you have a desk job is 2 weeks. If you have a heavy labor job I think it is 6 weeks. For me by the time I was 3 weeks post-op if I had a job I coud have easily returned. I am doing eveything now (4 weeks post-op) that I was doing before. He does not do LAP though.. he only does open RNY.
Debbi M.
on 10/3/03 4:50 am - Zeeland, MI
Another Dr. To check out is Dr. Gilberto Ungson. He performs the Duodenal Switch procedure. I would reserch both Drs. prior to making your decision. www.drungson.com
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 194 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 399 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1022 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1581 views