Need followup sources information

Jacqueline H.
on 11/13/03 12:46 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I am considering going south of the border for the surgery as I expect not to get my insurance to approve. Going south is just fine with me except that I have not yet found out how followup is done in those cases. One local doc that I checked with does not do followup if one goes to any other doc...HELP.
bubbleboo K.
on 11/13/03 11:40 pm - anywhere, OK
I am planing on going to mexico as well. Luckily, my pcp will do follow up. I would suggest that you check around. My local er will also remove staples and stitches for free. Good luck.
Joanne V.
on 11/14/03 12:39 pm - Lexington, MS
Here's my experience. My local family doc agreed to remove the drains. ( I did not think any farther about follow up at that point.) When the time came he was not able to remove the larger drain, but referred me to a surgeon who did. ( Later I had gall bladder surgery and a nurse removed my drain, but I guess my family doc just hasn't had recent experience and I appreciated his willingness to help.) Now I am being followed by a surgeon who does WLS here in Mississippi. He is willing to follow me and do my blood work. -- Jody Fobi Pouch Monterrey, Mexico Dr. Zorrilla 7 / 4 / 03 217/174
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 229 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 428 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1056 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1615 views