surgery w/Dr. Ortiz in Mexico scared!

Amber B.
on 3/23/04 7:31 am - southern, MO
I have a date of May 28 and I am nervous. I haven't even been on an air plane before. Does anyone have any experience with the doctor, Lap Band surgery or Tijuana Mexico. Help I am getting anxious! Amber
Dinka Doo
on 3/24/04 2:08 am - Medford, OR
Amber - we just drove through Tijuana in order to get to see Dr. Aguirre in Ensenada, so I don't have experience there to speak of except to say that one advantage I can see is that you could stay in San Diego or Chula Vista while you're recuperating if you like and you wouldn't have the language barrier to deal with. But I wouldn't do it if you were going yourself w/out a friend or family member. Airplanes can be nervewracking the first time, but they are actually fun for me now. It was only my 3rd time on a plane when I went and I enjoyed it completely. It's almost like being on a carnival ride when you are on takeoff. Dina
DEBBY B.
on 3/26/04 5:47 am - OH
Dear Amber I have a feeling you will do well. even surprise yourself at how well you do. hang in there. Just dont be like me an eat your way to surgery date. Remember even after bandeing you can eat--just less. take care thinking of you. Debby
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 194 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 399 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1023 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1581 views