Lap RNY Dr. Aceves

kly
on 11/5/04 10:40 am - Athens, GA
Has anyone had Lap RNY for Dr. Aceeves in Mexicali?
nasta
on 11/5/04 11:06 am - Lantana, FL
Hi Karen No, i had the lap band with Dr. Aceves not RNY but I wanted to comment on him. He is an amazing surgeon with years of experience in lap surgery. It is important that the surgeon you have doing any lap surgery is experienced. The difference between the skilled surgeons and the rest is that the skilled ones know how to fix things if something goes wrong. I know that Dr. Aceves was able to save my band when something went wrong. What he did takes a skilled surgeon. The hospital he uses is very clean and comfortable, the staff there along with Dr. Aceves have this most amazing be side manners. I believe that you can not go wrong if you choose Dr. Aceves, as to the surgery it is a decision only you can make. Please join us in his yahoo group http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dr-Aceves-bandsters/ Good luck in your decision making process. ttfn Sari
kly
on 11/5/04 11:53 pm - Athens, GA
Hi Sari, Thank you so much. I have decided to use Dr. Aceves. He sounds wonderful !!!. I have read your profile and I definately feel comfortable. My only concern is that he has done several hundred Lap Band but only 60 or so Lap RNY. But I guess as long as he is an experienced Lap surgeon with open bypass and lap band surgery I guess it will be ok. His partner Dr. Zorilla has done over 900 open bypass and he would be assisting him with the surgery. What are your thoughts on this? Thanks, Karen
nasta
on 11/6/04 12:17 am - Lantana, FL
Hi Karen My opinion is not objective. I am very much in favor of Dr. Aceves, but keep in mind that I did not have RNY but rather the lap band. I do not want my opinion regarding the two surgeries influence how I answer your post. I may be more in favor of the lap-band. I honestly think you should post this question to the main board. You may want to omit the fact that you are going to Mexico, this will open another can of worms. If you just say my surgeon has done 60 lap rny and his co-surgeon has done 900. The surgeon has over 14 years of laprospic surgery exp etc. How experienced was your surgeon and would you have choosen him again? This way you get a feel as to how much experience the successful RNY patients surgons have had. Does this make sense. I researched both surgeries and ended with lap-band for my reasons. I do not want to influence you, but I know that Dr. Aceves is truly amazing and if I was to have the RNY I certanly would want it done lap rather than open. Hope any of this rambling helps ttfn Sari
kly
on 11/6/04 12:25 am - Athens, GA
Sari, Thank you so much !!!! I will post the question on the main board about the RNY piece and definately leave out the Mexico part. I leave that out in most of my discussions with others anyway. We have been to Mexico several times on vacation and my husband speaks spanish and I speak a little spanish. So I am definately comfortable with the trip to Mexico. It is so funny to me how people pass judgement about Mexico and have never been. Thank you so much !!!! Karen
Bob L.
on 11/7/04 7:37 am - Monroe City, MO
Iwas quoted a price of $12500, for lap rny. I was to get some US referances but have not received as of yet. I don't think he has done many as compared to my local doc but price is about half. Hope this helps.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 252 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 442 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1059 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1625 views