WLS in Mexico help!

Christina H.
on 11/9/04 11:48 pm - tx
I have to self pay for my surgery and now I am doing even more research into it. I am scared to even consider it but it looks like the only affordable option for me. Has anyone had this that would share stories with me or advise????????
Maria E.
on 11/10/04 12:41 am - USA, XX
Christina: A lot of us have gone through this and have decided on Mexico. I am scheduled for lapband surgery after thanksgiving with Dr. Aceves in Mexicali. I have not been there but I can tell you that reading what his patients have to say and talking to them really helped me feel good about my decision. I am now actually very excited about going there! If you go to his web site: www.mexicolapband.com you can read patients testimonials and contact them. Mary E.
pinegrovenurse
on 11/10/04 3:47 am - HATTIESBURG, MS
I TOO PLAN ON LAP BAND WITH DR. ACHEVES DEC.13.
Leslieria
on 11/10/04 3:53 am - Lakeside, AZ
Hi Christina, I was banded by Dr. Kuri in Tijuana Mexico on 10/29/04. I was very nervous to have this done in a foreign country. But I felt like I was very well looked after before & after surgery. My experience was a positive one. I would do it all over again. Leslie
beckyvee
on 11/10/04 5:50 am - Cedar Park, TX
Dr. Aguirre is one of the best RNY surgeons in the world. Please read my profile for more information. Becky
kly
on 11/10/04 8:26 am - Athens, GA
Hi Christina, I am in the same boat also. I have been searching for months to feel comfortable with my decision. I am having Lap RNY with Aceves in December. Best Wishes to You. Karen
Bobbi G.
on 11/10/04 8:59 am - Anchorage, AK
Hi Christina~ I'm going to Monterrey, Mexico for Lap Band surgery with Dr. Roberto Rumbaut. I will have surgery on Nov. 25, Thanksgiving Day. I did a lot of research and am very comfortable with my decision. He's done more than 2,000 lap band procedures since 1996 and has a lap band, himself. Two of my friends were banded by one of his collegues in Italy last year. I am actually changing planes in Dallas/Fort Worth to fly on to Monterrey. Can hardly wait!! Do you have concerns about the facilities in Mexico? Or the surgeon's credentials or? Have you decided on Lap Band or RNY? My BMI is close to yours and for a lot of reasons, banding seemed the best choice for me. If you decide on Lap Band surgery and want to stay in the states, you might want to post on the Lap Band forum b/c some folks there are getting the band in the US now for about $12,000 to $15,000, self-pay. Dr. Trace Curry (in Cincinnati) posts fairly often and I think his fee is $12,000. Hope this helps. Good luck with whatever decision you make! Bobbi
inkchick
on 11/16/04 12:23 am - Saskatoon, Canada
Bobbie.....what is Dr Rumbaut's email address now? They change their internet providers so much in Mexico I don't know it now. I had surgery with him (lap rny) Jan 27 and wanted to send updated pics! Heather post lap rny jan 27,2004 253/147/140
Bobbi G.
on 11/16/04 1:00 am - Anchorage, AK
Hi Heather~ I have Doralisa's email address, which I would guess is the same for Dr. Rumbaut? It's [email protected] You've done great with RNY! I am so excited about getting the Band--my goal weight is similar to yours~ Bobbi
ellen b
on 11/10/04 9:24 am - WI
I had the lapband done with Dr Rumbaut in Monterrey in Oct of this year..........I would do it again in a heartbeat........and I work in the medical field so I know what you should expect and I was not dissapointed at all........The hospital was nicer than any hospital I have ever worked at here in the states. The doctor was by far the best as far as professionalism. Staff too. The hardest thing to get thru is the language barrier with the nurses. The doctor speaks fluent English. Just my input. good luck.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 194 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 399 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1022 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1581 views