Sergio Verboonen Tijuana ObesityGoodBye

kermit
on 11/26/04 3:05 am - avon, IN
Has anyone got any feedback about Dr. Sergio Verboonen from Tijuana performing Lap Band procedure? I have a date schduled and was wanting feedback about the Obesity Goodbye Center. Positive and Negative. Thanks, Steve
Jackie S.
on 11/29/04 3:47 am - Fairview, OR
This is not first-hand experience, but as I've been doing research on Mexico doctors I've found some very negative stuff about Dr Verboonen and Dr Ponce de Leon at Obesity Goodbye Center. Go to www.lapbandtalk.com and look back at some of the message under the category "Doctors and Hospitals". There's one thread that started Oct. 1 and is about "deceiving patients." I've read some nightmare stories about the clinic not having the Inamed lapband as promised; one woman left without being banded and never received her $$ back. In that thread, someone states they found out that Inamed doesn't even supply the US-approved lapband to that clinic; they buy what they can from other doctors. Also that Dr. Verboonen was in jail for some kind of insurance fraud. Anyway, all of that made me steer clear of them -- but you should do your own research. Jackie S
(deactivated member)
on 12/2/04 11:24 am - s. cal, CA
I live in San diego and happened to drive past that place and was not impressed by the outside, scary.....sorry but it was. There are so many others. I went down and met Dr. Ortiz and he had a really nice office and a nice man, I'm just worried about MX in general and still haven't desided to do it....good luck
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 228 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 427 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1054 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1614 views