Down payment$$

swilliams
on 11/28/04 4:10 pm - somewhere, IL
I am now leaning towards crossing the border for my lap-band. I was wanting to know how much money down payment do you have to send in order to schedule your procedure, and how much time after that do you have in order to go get it done? I am simply trying to see if it is even necessary to finance anything if you have enough time in between. Thanks for any help S Williams
mary R.
on 11/29/04 2:29 am - Shady Side, md
Hi- I am still on the fence about surgery but did research into going south to Dr.Joya for the Lap-Band. I think it was about $9900 total cost and they wanted $1250 wired to the Dr's bank account up front to reserve a surgery date. I keep going back and forth so...who knows maybe I will see ya there someday! Mary
swilliams
on 11/29/04 3:21 am - somewhere, IL
I heard a lot of good things about Dr. Joya and he is one that I had considered too, so maybe I will see u. I am up and down too. I wonder how far in advance you have to reserve though?
mary R.
on 11/29/04 3:29 am - Shady Side, md
I wrote to Dr. Joya in October and they could have taken me in the beginning of November! Too quick for me I told my husband I am going to give it another really good try with diet and exercise and if I am still not getting anywhere we are headed to Mexico.Its such a major surgery,it gets scary.
Jackie S.
on 11/29/04 4:07 am - Fairview, OR
I'm sure each doctor/cllinic is different, but I am planning on doing surgery with Dr Aceves in Mexicali and have been told that no deposit is required, just full payment day of surgery. I'm much more comfortable with that than sending money ahead of time Jackie S
swilliams
on 11/29/04 4:13 am - somewhere, IL
Well that is interesting because I thought in order to even book your services that most needed some type of deposit, I just not too long ago spoke with Patti from Dr. Arturo Rodriguez and she was requesting $2,000. So you had to send absolutely nothing?
Jackie S.
on 11/29/04 8:01 am - Fairview, OR
To clarify, I have not yet booked the date but have had a telephone conversation with Nina in Dr. Aceves' office (Mexicali) and when I asked whether they wanted a deposit to book a date, she told me no - and that I could just bring a check for the full amount ($8200) with me. THis week I am going to try to go ahead with scheduling a surgery date in January, so should be able to confirm this. Dr. Aceves' website is www.mexicolapband.com. Jackie
swilliams
on 11/29/04 4:16 am - somewhere, IL
I see that you were banded in 2002, what did you do in regards to booking? Or, did you even go south to have it done?
Cheri Moran
on 11/29/04 9:34 am - Big Spring, TX
I realize you're not interested in RNY but I thought I would let you know that a lot of doctors don't require a down payment in order to schedule. Dr. Aguirre doesn't require his patients to pay anything until the day before their surgery. You should be able to find someone that does Lap banding that doesn't require anything in advance.
Bobbi G.
on 11/30/04 6:25 am - Anchorage, AK
Hi~ Went to Dr. Rumbaut in Monterrey, Mexico. Was banded last Thursday (Thanksgiving will never be the same!) No $$ required for a deposit. All went very smoothly--I just brought a cashier's check for the full amount ($11,000) with me and was handed a receipt. There is also an option to wire money to his bank account five days before surgery. Was able to pick and choose whatever day I wanted for the surgery. Smooth as silk. http://www.obesitylapbandsurgery.com/index.html Bobbi
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 194 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 399 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1022 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1581 views