Bad dreams and hallucinations after surgery

randall310
on 12/3/04 5:36 pm - Ellisville, MO
I am 3 days post-op. Since the surgery I have had numerous bizzare dreams. All have been bad dreams and I seem to realizie that I am hallucinating in the dream. I have also noticed that I often wake up talking loudly, continuing the dream awake for a few seconds. This caused the nurses to check on me during the hospital stay. I think this must be a reaction to the medications given during surgery or perhaps a sudden withdrawl from Paxil. Has anyone else experienced this or heard of someone else having these disturbing dreams?
Sonya Galindo
on 12/4/04 2:46 am - Orange, CA
Hi Randy - I had my surgery on 11/19 w/ Dr. Aguirre and after I left the hospital - I had the craziest dreams - my friend was staying in the apartment with me and she came running in three nights in a row brcause I was screaming and yelling and she would wake me up - It felt terrible - I believe its the pain meds they gave - it doesnt happen to everyone but also I was not taking my prozac while down there - so maybe between not taking your usual meds and then them giving you so much pain meds - maybe that causes it............. it went away after 3 days............
StellaNut
on 12/4/04 5:43 am - Auburn, WA
Know how ya feel.... I was putting cheese on top of an unidentified pretty blond head that was on pizza dough crust and using the long pizza paddle to put it in the pizza oven!!!!! I had wild dreams the first 3 or 4 days after surgery. I attributed it the anesthetics used in surgery working its way out of my body. After those 3 or 4 nights, I now know what an LSD trip would be like! Robin
Molly Mae
on 12/4/04 5:48 am - WA
LOL Robin! I had some freaky thrid trimester dreams with my last pregnancy. They were soooo real and vivid. It really sucks at the moment. The mind is an amazing and powerful thing! Sounds scary though, seriously. I will keep you in my prayers Randy.
beckyvee
on 12/6/04 6:35 pm - Cedar Park, TX
Randy: I had a horrible hallucination when I was about 3 days out. I dreamt that my daughter was killing me with a knife! Thank God my husband and daughter were there to console me. But I was pretty shaken. BECKY
randall310
on 12/7/04 1:35 am - Ellisville, MO
I am still having a lot of strange dreams. Fortunately they are not as disturbing as the ones immediately following surgery. I feel that in a few days that they will all be back to normal. Best wished, Randy
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 244 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 434 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1057 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1621 views