I made it home from Ensenada!

Happy Me
on 12/7/04 12:08 am
Wow, what a long freakin day! Bamby picked us up at 7 am and we arrived home around 12:30 am. There are real disadvantages to livin in the middle of NOWHERE! There were times I didn't think I would make it but when in doubt WALK...that seems to be the absolute best cure for everything postop. S Waiting (Steph) was such an INSPIRATION down there. She visited me for quite a while in the hospital, even hung in there thru the dry heaves and hot flashes. Steph I appreciate you SOOO much. Randy looked like he could get out of bed and walk to the hotel just a few hours after surgery, same with Kristy. I was so jealous, I can honestly say, I took LOTS of pain meds, cause it hurt like HE__!!!! I'll spare the brake down on just where and how bad, but those first 3 days were very difficult. The 4the day I felt TONS better, Sun felt great, and Monday was just exhausting. I think today will be good. My g-tube site hurts, but that will come out today. (I'm pretty nervouse about hubby taking that out!) Hubby was my rock during the whole trip. Whenever I would get discouraged I would sit and tell him stories for all of your profiles...and it was such a spirit lifter. I have to AGAIN thank all of Dr A's patients for this support system, it really is a life line. And to the rest of you preops, as nice as everyone says Dr A, Dr Estrella, Rosella and Bamby are, words don't do it justice. they are truly some of the most delightful people I have ever met. I will post more to my profile later, just had to let you all know I'm home, I'm fine and thank you all! Sue in ID
TracyW
on 12/7/04 12:19 am - Spring, TX
I so glad your home and thanks for posting to let us know. As you get to feeling better let us know all about it. my Surgery is Jan 25 and I am in that stage of getting all the items that I think I will need for the trip and trying to learn all that I can. It will be so nice when I am down there to get to meet some of those that are having their surgery at the same time. Glad to hear your home... Tracy
randall310
on 12/7/04 1:26 am - Ellisville, MO
Congrats Sue! I really appreciated your visits while I was in the hospital. I wanted to visit you before you left Ensenada but could not remember where you were staying. Remember, don't be going around lifting those heavy buckets until you have given yourself some time to heal and strengthen. Tell your husband thanks for visiting me often in the hospital. It was a true please to chat with him, felt like a longtime friend. Take care of yourself. I will keep you in my prayers and I wish you a speedy recovery. Randy
Jenny B.
on 12/7/04 1:27 am - Cary, Jamaica
Wow! Congratulations! I'm so pleased that everything has gone well for you, and for Kristy, Randy, Steph and everyone! Rest and walk plenty! Jennifer
Cheri Moran
on 12/7/04 2:21 am - Big Spring, TX
Hi Sue! Welcome home! I'm so glad to hear that everything went well. I'm glad your past the bad pain part. The rest only gets better! Don't get too nerveous about the G-Tube coming out. I was surprised at how pain free it was. It sure is nice to have it and the staples out. I think that's when you start feeling like you are on your way. Whatever you do, be sure to wear your binder for as long as Dr. Aguirre told you. That is extremely important! I wore sleeveless cotton tops under mine so it wouldn't pinch, scratch, or rub. I'm so happy for you and wish you the best as you recover. Isn't it great to have joined the losing team! Cheri
SandiBeach
on 12/7/04 3:54 am - Northwest USA
Sue, So glad you are home! You will feel so much better with that nasty drain out, it is easy. I hope you gets lots of rest and feel better soon, you are on the easier part now. God bless.
Molly Mae
on 12/7/04 5:10 am - WA
Welcome home Sue... You did it and I can hardly wait to hear all about it. I am trying to get mentally prepared. Good luck to you during your g-tube removal. I bet it will be nothing compared to what you endured right after surgery. Enjoy the comforts of home! Congrats! Molly
S. W.
on 12/7/04 8:14 am - MN
Isn't it great to be home...LOL...well...like they say no place like home...I am blushing from all the praise you gave me...really...LOL..who thought a motormouth like me would be an INSPIRATION to someone someday...Well...you have climbed the mountain and now begins our journeys...I hope everything tube and staple wise is good...sorry to hear of the pain afterwards...sometimes I guess that happens....I expected it as well...but for me it wasn't bad...Keep in touch dear....would love to see the new you as you emerge...I will try to do likewise.... Hugs, Steph
Dinka Doo
on 12/7/04 8:52 am - Medford, OR
Sue! I haven't checked in in so long that I didn't know you have been and returned! Congratulations and I'm happy you are home and doing well! Just in time for a white Christmas, no doubt! Dina
Happy Me
on 12/7/04 10:22 am
Thank you allso much for all your well wishes!! It's 7pm here and hubby woke me from my nap to have "dinner". OKAY YOU WERE ALL RIGHT, THE G TUBE AND STAPLES WERE THE EASIEST PART SO FAR! I was surprised that it didn't hurt at all. When Gabrielle took out the other, lower tube, it was 18 inches long and felt like half my insides came with it, so at first I was thinking that the tube today must have broken off in there, it was so short. Hubby just told me to go back to sleep....jeez! Here's a food question, I have been dreaming about a freshly baked sweet potatoe, not the canned ones, could I ma**** up and eat it-technically it is a "mashed potato". take care and thank you all SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much! Sue in ID
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 230 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 429 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1057 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1618 views