Done with surgery and feeling better

sue_f
on 12/7/04 9:14 am - Portland, OR
Hola everyone. I am here in lovely downtown Ensenada at one of the apartments. I had surgery on Friday, and was released on Sunday. It was pouring rain. Luckily Rosella drove me over as my mother and daughter did not want to venture out. It is so cold right now. Today was better and warmer and we went out to walk in the park and do some laundry. We were out for about 90 minutes and I was pretty tired when we got back. I have to tell you, I felt really awful while in the hospital and took lots of meds without apology. The last day, Sunday, I started feeling very nauseous. Luckily Dr. Estrella came in right on cue and I got some meds to help with that. Dry heaves two days after surgery is no picnic. Each day I feel better and better and am not having any regrets. I was able to eat today and had some yogurt and banana for breakfast, cottage cheese and applesauce for lunch, and am having some broth right now. It tastes so good. I hope to go out longer each day, and probably will as I feel so much better each day. Good luck to those coming now. Bring coats! Sue F
Happy Me
on 12/7/04 10:27 am
SueF, I'm so sorry I didn't get to meet you in Ensenada! You were just finishing up surgery when I was leaving the hospital. Doesn't all that rain suck!!! We were pretty much stuck inside the Hotel Coral for 2 days because of it. We ventured out Sunday to buy a few souvenirs...that was the day that we discovered the importance of good drainiage in a city....Ensenada has none! We were like drowned rats when we got back. It sounds like you are doing great, way to go!!! And if your wierd dreams involve loud mexican music....don't freak out, that's what they were playing as they closed you up. Take care, Sue in ID
klnbaker
on 12/7/04 11:13 am - Gresham, OR
Hi Sue-my-fellow-Oregonian! I'm glad to hear surgery went well and you are feeling better. You must have brought that rain from Oregon. When I was in Ensenada the weather was heavinly! (I left the rain at home!) Just remember, it keeps getting easier and easier every day. Take care! Kathleen
Cheri Moran
on 12/7/04 11:56 am - Big Spring, TX
Hi Sue! Congratulations on joining the losing side! I'm glad to hear you are feeling better each day. It is nice when you finally get to start eating again. Have you tried the already toasted bread (I don't remember what it's called) you can get at the pharmacy or Gigante? It is on Dr. Aguirre's list and I enjoyed it because I could chew. I put low fat peanut butter on it and really enjoyed that. I wish I could get it here. I wish you the best as you begin your weight loss journey! Cheri
sue_f
on 12/7/04 12:42 pm - Portland, OR
Thanks Cheri, I would love to get some of that toast. Can you tell me where the Gigante is located? We are staying at the apartments and wonder if anyone here can tell us how to get to the Gigante.
Debbie L
on 12/7/04 1:46 pm - Western, Pa
Rosella told me about a store down the block from the apartments. I think it is called LaLuna it has a sign out front with a moon on it. That is where I got the Pan Tostada and it is really good. I would break it up into broth it was great. I was also able to get sugar free jello and yogurt there. Good luck and welcome to the losing side. I have now lost 61 lbs. since August 6th and it feels great.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 228 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 427 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1054 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1614 views