Can we talk scars??

Christina H.
on 12/9/04 5:00 am - tx
I know this may be vain but I am verry interested in knowing how big the scar is from an open RNY. I am looking at having it done but I don't know if I should do LAP RNY instead. Still deciding....help...please... thanks-so much ya'll are always great! christina
Debbie L
on 12/9/04 12:45 pm - Western, Pa
Open RNY scars run from right below the breast bone to the belly button. I imagine everyones size of scar varies. Mine is about 9 inches long it was very dark red and now is a light pink color. Having lost 61 lbs so far to me having the scar is worth the improvement to my health and life.
Jenny B.
on 12/13/04 1:57 am - Cary, Jamaica
Hi Christina, I talked about this in my post "I found a doctor, I think". I replied to you there, and also in another reply in that post. Hope it helps!
Vivi *.
on 12/27/04 10:37 pm - clermont, FL
Mine is only about 2.5 inches long! Brazilian Drs. rule!! They are very aware about the scar issues some of us have!! I think that if you can get open RNY and only about 3 inches of scars, it beats the LAP, b/c on LAP you have 5 1-inch scars throught out the belly area! Good Luck, and God bless you!!! -Flávia
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 195 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 401 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1024 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1582 views