Question on surgery with Dr Aguirre?

chunkable
on 12/15/04 8:01 am - federal way, wa
Hi again you guys I have a question because I have been wondering how this works or if things are any different in mexico than they are here?? first off how much does dr aguirre bypass? is it 120cm? and how much is that? is that 4.5 feet leaving us with approximately 17.5 feet? This part I am confused about can anyone help me? Or does it mean that all we have is 4.5 feet of absorption ? Im so confused.. Please help lol. Thanks you guys Cindy
Cheri Moran
on 12/15/04 11:52 am - Big Spring, TX
I'm sorry Cindy, but I can't help you on this one. I will be watching to see if you get a response. It is a good question. For some reason it seems to me that I have read Dr. Aguirre bypasses about 130 cm but I may just be dreaming. I'm sure there is no difference in how he does things than in the U.S. After all, he did his training in San Diego. One thing he does that some surgeons do and some don't is that he completely seperates the pouch from the old stomach. Cheri
randall310
on 12/15/04 5:08 pm - Ellisville, MO
Here is what the Doctor does according to the written procedure given to me the day of discharge from the hospital. I perform a lognitudinal incision in the upper abdomen from xyphoid appendix to the umbilicus and one in the peritoneal cavity, we surround the lower esophagus with a penrousse to traccion, the make an orifice in the lesser curvature of the stomach follow by a GIA 100 staples and cutter device introduce in the orifice to the Hiss angle. The way we leave a 15 to 20ml pouch. We put a row of vicryl 000 in both stomach borders. We find the Treitz angule and count 50cm and we cut closing the distal end and proximal end is attached to the small intestine 120cm from the distal and closed end. We perform a orifice in transverse mesolocon and ascend the distal yeyunum and attached to the pouch with separated stiches using vicryl 000. The we open the pouch making an orifice of 1cm diameter and the yeyunum and making the anastomosis with caught 00 with a continous row line. We close orifices in the mosocolon and mesenterium and perform a gastrostmy. We close the abdominal wall with PDS #1 and skin staples.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 246 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 436 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1057 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1621 views