Esenda and Dr A

nmargiolas
on 1/1/05 12:38 pm - Raleigh, NC
I am in the peliminary stages here and need some input from Dr. A's patients. Let me tell my story...I have been convinced that I am going to have a bypass for about 18 months now. I did all the research and what not and was ready to start the process in MA then I had to move because of an illness in my family. So now I am in NC and there are many very good DR here however I dont have insurance. I currently work from my home and make a decent wage but bc of my weight I can not get affordable health care. I have considered even working part time somwhere to get insurance but then I dont even know if the that insurance will cover it and lots of part time people have to wait 6 months or more for health care and after all this time I can not bare waiting that long while taking time out of my home business to work some dead end job that I will be miserable at just to get health care! I am miserable every day I can not live another day like this! I lay in bed at night and imagine the surgery done and how much joy this will bring into my life. So for sometime I have been considering Dr A in Esenda but the thing is I am not even sure I can afford that. I looked into some financing but I have horrible credit...hell my credit is worse than my weight and well that is BAD! LOL However, I may be coming into some money and pay raise soon. I may be getting a settlement for a car accident I had last year not sure how much I will get but I am thinking it will be a good chunk that I can put away while I save the rest. The pay raise may make it possible for me to pay in full within 4-6 months with the settlement money too! But I see all these figures for the surgery the stay the plane tickets etc and well I just dont even know the bottom line! Could you all explain to me how long you stayed and what you payed out so that I can have a figure to work with for saving. I also read somewhere that some went home early and had staples taken out in the states...is that the case? I mean I could pay a Dr in the states to do that and save accomadation money correct....or am I better off staying the whole time and going home staple free. Is it more to have a relative stay with you in the apts? I am thinking a travel agent mate of mine could get me a deal on plane fare and I would love to have her with me too what would she have to pay...just her plane fare? If someone could list out expenses ie travel to Esenda, then travel while there, accomadations, things that may have come up, the cost of the procedure and all that I would really appreciate it so that I could have a figure to work upon! Thank you! I am sure I will have more questions as I start seeing my bank account grow! Please cross your fingers for me!
DW
on 1/1/05 9:30 pm - Galveston, TX
Hi Nicole, I went to Dr A stayed for 6 days in a five star resort my total cost was 10,000 (everything) we have lots of members that break down the cost on their profiles/websites. I do know that the apartments are very nice and yes relatives can stay in them at no extra cost. Go to Dr Aguirre's message and post your question. Good Luck Dot http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/forums/?ID=A-1045621205
Jenny B.
on 1/3/05 9:24 am - Cary, Jamaica
Hi Nicole, This is an exciting time, isn't it? When you've finally made the decision in your heart, and now have to get down to the business of it. I decided to go with Dr. Aceves in Mexicali for laparoscopic RNY, and my profile breaks down the costs and the reason I chose him. I didn't include airfare in my price comparison.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 228 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 427 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1054 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1614 views