Dr. Aceves

Melissa M.
on 1/22/05 1:15 am - Weatherford, TX
My husband & I are trying to raise the money to have lap RNY with Dr. Aceves in Mexicali. They have quoted me $23,500 for both of us. I am obsessed with having this done this year!! Any helpful hints from anyone? Thanks, Melissa
KrisInAL
on 1/22/05 2:23 am - Bessemer, AL
I took out an unsecured loan and combined that with my income tax refund. I will get my refund right before I go to Mexico, so it worked out great. I am having surgery in Ensenada with Dr. Aguirre. He charges $9,400, not including hotel, airfare, and $350 transportation to and from San Diego. I figure it will be around $11,000 total, but budgeted for $12,000 so we can do some fun stuff while we are there. Good luck to you.....file those taxes & don't spend your refund. I truly believe that this is the best investment I can make at this time. ALSO, for anyone who wants to know......when I was filing my taxes, I asked my tax preparer if I could take the money I spend on my surgery out on my 2005 tax return. At first she said probably not. Then, I told her that I had letters from two U.S. doctors saying that my surgery was medically necessary. She said in that case I probably could take it out on my taxes. So, I am saving all of my receipts! That is a HUGE deduction!!!!!
Maria F.
on 1/24/05 2:27 am - San Diego, CA
Melissa, Have you tried any of the financing companies? There are a few out there that will lend you money for surgery. Nina can probably tell you who they work with. How about taking out a new credit card to pay part of it , the lowest interest you can get. Good luck I am sure you will get creative! Mary Dr Aceves too!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 253 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 443 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1059 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1625 views