2 days post op

sesangels2006
on 1/23/05 5:40 pm - Lewistown, PA
Going on day three post op having liquid bm and hyperactive bowel sounds ; liquid bm started after barium swallow day before surgery the more I drink the more liquid bm I have. Anybody else deal with this problem?
Dinka Doo
on 1/24/05 2:14 am - Medford, OR
Well, I can't speak for the band, but I know that for an RNY it is common. Have you checked with the lap band board? Maybe they would have more timely info for you. Let us know if you find out! Dina
Maria F.
on 1/24/05 2:18 am - San Diego, CA
Susan, Not really sure what bm is! I can tell you that I had diarrhea for the 1st week or so after I got home , I called my doctor and he prescribed something, he said it was a normal reaction for some, not everybody gets it. lucky me! It was a bit difficult (and embarassing) trying to get things done fortunately it only lasted about a week. Good luck and congratulations on your surgery. Mary Dr. Aceves lap band
chunkable
on 1/24/05 4:16 am - federal way, wa
I have a band and am converting to the gastric bypass but I remember being the same way after the band. I think it was just from the anasthesia getting out of my system but man was my tummy upset for almost a week. It eventually gets better. My biggest problem after was constipation. Good luck sweety it will get better.
sesangels2006
on 1/24/05 8:54 am - Lewistown, PA
Thank all of you so very much !!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 252 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 442 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1059 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?