Recent Posts

AP1103
on 11/12/21 6:19 am
Topic: RE: Mexico Bariatric Center Dr Rodriguez

Did you have your surgery at the Mexico Bariatric Center? If so, what surgeon did you choose and how did it go? I am looking into this now.

Desari63
on 8/2/21 12:52 pm - Hickory Creek, TX
VSG on 02/29/12
Topic: RE: Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?

Hello J - I'm going back to Juarez for my revision with Dr. Rodriguez in September. I'm either doing the SADI-S or DS to my sleeve. I don't know anything about your particular physician but if you are looking for a fantastic doctor, I recommend Dr Rod highly!

Good luck J!

Barbara

Barbara McKeown

JCler97080
on 5/20/21 7:30 pm
Topic: Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?

Has anyone had experience with Pompeii Surgical in TJ? I'm thinking of going there for a Lab Band Revision to Sleeve. Thanks for your feedback!

Riley1501
on 3/8/21 11:55 am - Corona, Ca
Topic: Dr. Alejandro Lopez at ALO bariatrics?

Hi, has anyone used Dr. Lopez for gastric bypass revision surgery? I'm looking at getting a DS surgery from him. Thanks

IARQ71
on 3/7/21 5:00 pm
Topic: RE: VSG Done in Guadalajara or Morelia ???

So I was wondering if you found one in Morelia or Uruapan. Please let me know

bucabae1031
on 3/7/21 11:50 am
VSG on 03/02/21
Topic: RE: Are pre-operative tests done?

I just had a sleeve at Go Light with Dr Z and, yes, they defo did pre op testing.

They did a full blood panel, chest CT scan, and EKG.

I was sent home with all of my results to take to my primary and a video of the actual procedure.

bucabae1031
on 3/7/21 9:36 am
VSG on 03/02/21
Topic: RE: Standard of care in Mexico

People considering surgery in Mexico should keep in mind that many US doctors were trained in Mexico.

There are only a small number of openings in US med schools every year and those go to the better connected, with some exceptions, of course.

The goal, of course, is to create artificial shortages and keep fees high.

That leaves a lot of academically qualified students out in the cold. Thus, many go out of the country for their educations. Mexico has long been the most popular destination.

Students also save a ton of money and avoid hundreds of thousands in student debt.

Dusty2018
on 1/23/21 8:42 pm - Winamac, IN
Topic: RE: Dr.almanza in mexico

I've heard many bad reviews on him! Do not use! Call OCC or Endobariatrics in Mexico

Member Services
on 11/13/20 8:57 am - Irvine, CA
Topic: Share Your Appreciation In An Easy Way.

It's the time of year that we focus on being thankful. Since many of us in the OH Community are bariatric patients, we'd like to support other people and show our bariatric surgeons that we appreciate them by leaving a review for them! Maybe it's been a few years, and you'd like to say thank you to your surgeon for providing you a new start and let them know about your progress!

It's always free for anyone to join the OH Community. We value your privacy and don't sell or share your information. If you are already a member, all you need to do is log in to your profile, hit the pink plus sign, click on Write Review, and you're on your way!

linnymc85
on 11/12/20 5:47 am
VSG on 01/15/13
Topic: RE: Are they doing surgery in Mexico with Covid going on?

I am thinking of having my surgery at the Mexico bariatric center, can you update on how you are doing and your experience?

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 244 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 434 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1057 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1621 views