Recent Posts

mgsisco
on 11/2/20 12:04 pm
RNY on 06/06/19
Topic: RE: 15 years out!

Hello,

I am glad to hear you are doing good. I also got my surgery abroad and doing good so far. How has thia process been for you? Any surgical complication where you have needed surgery from your bariatric surgeon again?

I am concern that my insurance wont pay any complication related to the bypass.

Talabo
on 10/31/20 11:47 am
Topic: Great experience with Dr Gonzalez at Oasis of Hope

I just came home from a great experience, getting gastric sleeve done at Oasis of Hope in Tijuana. The doctors and the nursing staff were amazing. I can recommend them highly.

For more details, please ask me anything you want to know. I am writing about my experience at this blog: think85.blogpspot.com.

No ads, no "affiliations", just my own personal experience. Good luck to all!

Tammy M.
on 10/14/20 8:52 am, edited 10/14/20 1:53 am - Hattiesburg, MS
VSG on 11/12/20 with
Topic: RE: Are they doing surgery in Mexico with Covid going on?

@jellybean312, thank you for the update. My surgery is November 12 at Mexico Bariatric Center. DeeDee said that they are using regular COVID precautions at the hospital, etc. And that entrance into and out of Mexico has not been affected by COVID-19. The border is still open. :-)

Tammy

jellybean312
on 10/13/20 7:27 am
RNY on 10/13/20

I'm in Tijuana now & my surgery is today. I flew into San Diego and was picked up at the airport by the hospital's shuttle driver. Crossing the boarder was easy- boarder patrol on the MX side checked the van, but nothing else. (No temperature checks, masks are worn by everyone.) As for the hospital, I was checked into my room last night after completing registration. I had to have a COVID-19 PCR test in the US and provided my results during registration. They seem to be very cautious about COVID-19 here, so that in itself is a huge relief. The line to get back into the US seems to be at least 1/2 mile long and we've been told could take up to two hours to get through. We'll see on Saturday! ð??...

ELLA_C
on 10/6/20 1:33 pm

hollykim, I didn't realize they have stopped taking temps at the border, but I'll be calling the centers I'm interested in anyway, thanks.

hollykim
on 10/3/20 7:38 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On October 2, 2020 at 11:07 PM Pacific Time, ELLA_C wrote:

I'm researching on everything about surgery, but am curious if they are doing surgeries in Mexico now..does anyone know, and do you have to quarantine before or after you cross the border? I will call some of the centers there, but the people on this website are so full of information, I thought I'd ask you first!

I was in Mx from March-September. The quarantine across the border was lifted late August. Now they are not even checking temperatures/ asking about exposure at customs in America though they did st the MX airport.

I emailed my MX plastic surgeon in April with a question about a surgery I had in February 2020 and asked him if he was shut down and he was. I don't k ow about now.

best info would be from the clinics you are interested there.

good luck!

ELLA_C
on 10/2/20 4:07 pm
Topic: Are they doing surgery in Mexico with Covid going on?

I'm researching on everything about surgery, but am curious if they are doing surgeries in Mexico now..does anyone know, and do you have to quarantine before or after you cross the border? I will call some of the centers there, but the people on this website are so full of information, I thought I'd ask you first!

hollykim
on 9/3/20 12:03 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Topic: RE: Dr Alvarez or Dr Francisco Gonzalez
On September 1, 2020 at 1:22 PM Pacific Time, Talabo wrote:

Hi everyone. I'm new here, very glad to find you all! I've made the decision to have VSG in Mexico, and am now researching doctors.

I thought I wanted Dr Gonzalez (Oasis of Hope), but so many people in this forum are raving about Dr. Alvarez (Endo).

Any thoughts? Anyone else I should check out?

I recommend the surgeons at Mexicali bariatrics.

Talabo
on 9/1/20 6:22 am
Topic: Dr Alvarez or Dr Francisco Gonzalez

Hi everyone. I'm new here, very glad to find you all! I've made the decision to have VSG in Mexico, and am now researching doctors.

I thought I wanted Dr Gonzalez (Oasis of Hope), but so many people in this forum are raving about Dr. Alvarez (Endo).

Any thoughts? Anyone else I should check out?

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 194 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 399 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1023 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1581 views