tricare---would i be approved and other questions?

myloveisasailor
on 9/2/12 1:21 pm
 Hello.  I am new here and have a few questions.  I am 30 years old and have been obese much of my life.  Nonstop since i was about 16 and before that i was overweight for ages 13 14 15.... I currenlty weigh 260 pounds and I am 5'11.  I have sleep apnea and also severe knee pain for which i just discovered i have arthritis in my knees.  I have a history of high blood pressure starting at age 18 and it ended shortly before I turned 30.  I was pregnant and gave birth a couple of weeks before my 30th birthday and with my pregnancy my HBP disappeared and has not returned.  So now that i have given some of my background, here are my questions.  Now, I in know way mean this to be like oh im better than everyone else, however, at my height and weight , am I "too small" for gastric bypass surgery?  As crazy as that sounds.  Are you able to have children after having gastric bypass surgery? I cannot seem to imagine the logistics of this since people eat so much less after the surgery.  And, last, I have tricare prime so any advice, suggestions, and ins/outs of how much is covered and how it gets approved etc. would be really appreciated.  :)  Thanks,

Amanda
Most Active