New Here, Insurance question please?

Ginny G.
on 1/17/07 9:08 pm - Swan Lake, NY
Does Anyone Know if Insurance is accepted by Dr Ruthledge? If so do you know what type he might take? I am weighing the MGB to Lap Band Thank You for any or all replies..have a wonderful day!

picture

julsfine
on 2/14/07 8:31 am
I have heard from most people here on the board that Dr.Ruthledge doesnt accept insurance for the mini bypass and that the other drs dont either. I have read on here that he does accept insurance for the mini RNY though. With the mini bypass you have to pay all upfront and then try to get your insurance to reimburse you. I have heard several people also say that b/c it is an out of pocket medical expense that you can write the amount of on your taxes, so thats some help I think so some people. I wish you the best in your decision and I know there are several other people on here who can give you some first hand advice about the mini bypass and insurance.  I am also considering the mini bypass and I have contacted Dr.Ruthledge's office about insurance and financial concerns. They were very nice but told me that most of their patients get financing and they gave me some websites to go to that they have done business with before who basically give a patient a line of credit for the surgery and the patient makes payments on it. Also another thing I have read on here is that if insurance doesnt cover the surgery or reimburse you for it that if any complications arise from surgery they will not be covered by said insurance company. I have heard that there are very low risks of complications with the MGB compared to other WLS but there still are risks of complications. I have seen two people who posted on the forum that have had complications and they maybe able to help you with any questions regarding that aspect of the surgery. I am sure there are others on here who will be of better help to you though. Goodluck on your journey and I hope the best for you. Juls/pre-op 260lbs, 28yrs old, 5'3
Lonestar1070
on 3/3/07 5:19 am
You wrote above they gave me some websites to go to that they have done business with before who basically give a patient a line of credit for the surgery and the patient makes payments on it. Can you please send me the list of websites to my email address. [email protected].   I would like to financing to get the surgery done. 
julsfine
on 4/4/07 3:52 pm
I am sorry I didnt answer you sooner. I just checked the site after being gone for awhile. I cant remember what it was. I think it was Chase or something. I am really sorry. I can check my email to see if I saved it. You can also email any other admin or patient admins for the MGB office and they will email you the information. They are really nice.  Here's the main website for Ruthledges MGB  http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/OSSG-MiniGastricBypass/ and here are some email addresses to write your questions to. [email protected] , which is Sandy Brubaker's email addy in Las Vegas she helps potential patients or [email protected] which is Trish Lanman who also can help. I am really sorry I cant be of more help. If I do find the emails I will email you the websites. Wish you the best. Juls
Most Active
Recent Topics
MGP in Ontario
NAP2013 · 2 replies · 885 views
New to this
Grammy1976 · 0 replies · 1215 views
Pre-op diet
LovelyBeck · 0 replies · 2033 views