What am I doing wrong?

Donna2006
on 7/10/07 10:46 pm - Rochester, NY
Help!  What am I doing wrong?  Today is 1 year since my gps.  I am only down 105 lbs, and 48 total inches.  I should be way ahead of this by now.  I am losing steadily, but only about 1 lb a week.  Am I eating too much? I am still eating very little.  Am I that 1 person in 100 that this surgery dosen't work for?  I feel like a total failure.  I know everyone loses at their own rate, but this is very depressing.  I have a friend who had the surgery maybe 5 months ago and is already down 85 lbs!  Could this be because she is 30 years younger than me?
jimangiemiller
on 7/20/07 3:43 pm
 Well I think 100# sounds great.  That's a huge amount of weight already gone.  Your still losing, one pound a week right.  Everybodys is different.  I hope you see how successful your weight loss has been.  Keep up the good work!  Don't be so hard on yourself, sounds like you're doing great.
mthaxter
on 8/8/07 9:38 am - Stockton, CA
I have never had the surgery actually this is my first time to this site. I've been obesited all my life and trust me when I say 105 pounds in a year sounds great to me. Think of where you where a year ago. I'm sure you have come a long way. Remember that you've made a great improvement and you were able to do most are not. Everyone is different, every body is different. Try looking at pants or shirts you use to wear back before the surgery. I am sure you will appreciate the 100 pound weight loss then.  Appreciate you and learn to love yourself inside and out. Stay positive.
sueshearts
on 9/3/07 2:33 am - San Bernardino, CA

Congratulations on your 105 lb weight loss.  You're not a failure, and remember you're still losing the weight.  Also remember it's unsafe to lose the weight too rapidly.  As patients we're trying to undue a lifetime's worth of damage.  We didnt get to be morbidly obese in one day, and it takes a while to get rid of it.   I'm losing slowly too, and it's frustating sometimes.  I think perhaps our body shape may have a lot to do with it, and since I have an apple shaped body I think it has something to do with my body losing more slowly.   Trust your body that its trying to maintain homeostasis, and from a biological standpoint,  your body think it's in a kind of starvation mode.

hmoore
on 4/10/08 2:25 pm
I have heard that if you don't eat often enough throughout the day your body goes into starvation mode and will hold onto every tiny calorie
Most Active
Recent Topics
MGP in Ontario
NAP2013 · 2 replies · 898 views
New to this
Grammy1976 · 0 replies · 1230 views
Pre-op diet
LovelyBeck · 0 replies · 2047 views