CLOS not winning my vote of confidence

PeloRojo
on 7/21/07 1:54 pm, edited 7/21/07 3:26 pm - CO
Revision on 11/24/07 with
I have posted FOUR times on the OSSG-MGB yahoo group. Only once did a post show up. I responded to a thread criticizing the poorly designed website and I was removed from the Yahoo group. What does that say? When an organization is so worried about bad press that they censor people critcizing the website? Come on people. That is NOT moderation. I in no way was bashing the website, I merely agreed that it was a shame the surgery doesn't get the proper recognition it deserves, due to the shabby presentation on CLOS.net.  If I they are willing the censor something as benign as this. What does that mean for people who post with problems or concerns or complications? Are they censored, too? If I as an interested prospective patient were to search "Complications" within that site, how would I know I would be seeing what has actually been posted?
radiochickgso
on 7/30/07 1:57 am - Lexington, NC
I am a member on the CLOS site and have seen many posts from people who have issues.  Perhaps your removal was an error.
Shelly
3-21-06
MGB (Mini Gastric Bypass)
Dr Walsh
High Point Regional Hospital
High Point NC
www.regionalbariatics.com
PeloRojo
on 8/3/07 3:18 pm - CO
Revision on 11/24/07 with
Yes, to be fair, my messages made it on, but much later. But I did get BANNED from the post-op group. So weird! Oh and the website that I was initially criticizing die finally get a little bit of a makeover!
slugworth
on 8/22/07 2:25 am - Stanwood, WA
They did revise their website a bit after everyone complained. Try to join again and post about being banned. Interesting... -Van
Zappo
on 12/20/07 3:16 am
Not so weird really, you are NOT a post op patient. They have several boards east and west, pre-op and post-op, you should not be surprised if you get kicked off a group for post ops.  That board is for Post Op's that do not want the same old questions again and again, while the pre-op are happy to receive any queries. The forum is moderated by a very busy lady who had the MGB many years ago, she also schedules all the patients, checks the packets and does 100 other things.  So forgive her if she does not prioritise  yahoo messages over her other tasks.
Laussie
on 8/25/07 1:56 am - Winter Haven, FL
They do not censor but the group has experience Yahoo related problems often such as delayed posts and duplicate posts and lost posts.  The CLOS site has been updated so check it out.
Grizzler
on 8/25/07 4:41 am - Canada
Yahoo is an independent online service. It has service issues, including posting delays and server downtime. Like all Yahoo Groups, it is Moderated by human beings who do so with the best will in the world. It IS NOT owned by CLOS.  Unless a message is defammatory or derogatory in other ways, I know for a fact they rarely, if ever fail to approve a message. There are many post-MGBers helping others with information about complications etc, so the notion that the MGB Yahoo Group is all rosey is an urban myth. The CLOS website is not the frontline as it were. The Surgeons, Technique and incredibly detailed Education and Health Programs are. The facts speak for themselves. There is plenty of independent research freely available which will indicate that the antecolic Billroth II gastrojujenostomy technique pioneered by Dr R Rutledge is safe and effective, with an average 35 minute operation and 24 hour hospital stay. It is COMPLETELY reversible and reviseable. Research demonstrates that it has better stats when it comes to the Roux-en-Y and other WL treatments available. I haven't made this up, it is true. The FACTS speak for themselves. PS I am a pre-operative patient and I KNOW I have made the RIGHT choice, for me. I respect totally people's wishes to have any treatment they feel is right for them and I'll NEVER, EVER knock them. All of us can succeed, whatever choice we make and I salute the Bravehearts who have any type of Weight Loss Surgery, for they are all HEROES in my eyes. Grizz
Ceds2510
on 8/28/07 5:34 am - Dayton, OH
I live in Dayton, Ohio.  Can I get the mini procedure done in this area?
Laussie
on 8/29/07 12:02 am - Winter Haven, FL
The nearest CLOS facility near you would be in Bay City, Michigan.  Go to CLOS.net for more information.
Most Active
Recent Topics
MGP in Ontario
NAP2013 · 2 replies · 898 views
New to this
Grammy1976 · 0 replies · 1230 views
Pre-op diet
LovelyBeck · 0 replies · 2048 views