MGB Confusion

msak
on 6/3/08 10:30 am - WI
There are surgeons who say  that the MGB is the worst thing ever and surgeons who are saying its the best thing ever.  Why is there so many mixed messages? How do you know who is doing the true MGB?  Has anyone had the MGB in Mexico?
songbirdwoman
on 7/18/08 8:53 am, edited 7/24/08 3:58 am - 'St. Marys, Canada
The best thing is to do some research.  Go to the MGB web site (CLOS.net) and read, read, read,  and listen to the videos that are provided.  I had it done and it was the best thing for me.   I did a ton of research before hand since I wasn't going to just make a decision not being well informed. 

There is only one Mini Gastric Bypass developed by Dr. Rutledge in Las Vegas and Dr. Caesar Peralagie in Davenport, Florida.  I have never heard of it being done in Mexico unless one of those doctors went there to perform surgery.  Since the MGB was developed by Dr.  Rutledge, there are not any other doctors who are able to perform the surgery, other than being accepted and trained by Dr. Rutledge.  The MGB is the simplest and least invasive surgery out there with less complications than any other surgeries.  I have done my research. 

Linda
Laussie
on 7/23/08 5:37 am - Winter Haven, FL
Amen!  Beware of imitations!  Go to CLOS.net and check it out.
songbirdwoman
on 7/24/08 3:57 am - 'St. Marys, Canada
hi (((((((((Laussie))))))))),

Thanks for pointing that out.  I wasn't thinking.

Hugssssssssssss

Linda
roxie-roller
on 12/22/08 12:53 am - lucan, Canada
Very interesting info!
I am going to my doctors today and want to talk to him about this procedure!
Any info about how to get OHIP to cover would be appreciated !

Thanks
Jeanette
Most Active
Recent Topics
MGP in Ontario
NAP2013 · 2 replies · 898 views
New to this
Grammy1976 · 0 replies · 1230 views
Pre-op diet
LovelyBeck · 0 replies · 2048 views