Dr. David Hargroder?? And Cost of MGB?

ABCMommy
on 7/10/08 11:48 am - St. Charles, MO
I am still in the researching phases.... Today my mom gave me the name of Dr. David Hargroder and his website.   I have read lots of good and bad things about MGB.  I did just discover on his site though, that he doesnt accept insurance payers...only self pays.  I am a little leary of this, but I have Cigna and our policy has a specific exclusion for any and all WLS. :(  So a low cost self pay may be a possibility.  Anyone have information about this? What is the estimated cost of doing MGB out of pocket?  Anyone here use Dr. Hargroder?   Thanks in advance, Therese St. Louis MO

Therese  | RNY: 11/11/09
Follow my video blog at: www.youtube.com/user/TheDivineMissT

songbirdwoman
on 7/18/08 8:58 am - 'St. Marys, Canada
The MGB is the simplest and least invasive gastric bypass of all the surgeries out there.  It is also the  cheapest which costs $17,000.  This also includes any hospital stay.  Most people stay only one night.  The reason it is the cheapest is because one doesn't need hospital and nursing care compared to many of the other gastric bypass surgeries out there.

Linda
slugworth
on 7/21/08 5:08 am - Stanwood, WA
Hello,

If you go to yahoo groups and join the "HPMGBfriends" group it is a bunch of his patients.

They are very helpful there.

Good luck!

-Van
Jay Park
on 7/21/08 5:35 am - MO
Laussie
on 7/23/08 5:34 am - Winter Haven, FL
I don't know what Dr. Hargroder charges but Dr. Rutledge and Dr. Peraglie both charge $17,000 whi*****ludes the surgery, hospital stay and aftercare.  Go to CLOS.net and check it out.
moonfairy
on 7/24/08 6:48 pm - Spanaway, WA
That is to bad more drs do not do the MGB.. I am just hearing of this but I do not think  my surgeon does this. I just know that the band is not right for me..
Laussie
on 9/1/08 6:45 am - Winter Haven, FL
Sad to say the band should not be for anyone.  The complications and lack of success outweigh any benefits.  Europe has already stopped doing them.
moonfairy
on 9/1/08 8:32 am - Spanaway, WA
On September 1, 2008 at 1:45 PM Pacific Time, Laussie wrote:
Sad to say the band should not be for anyone.  The complications and lack of success outweigh any benefits.  Europe has already stopped doing them.
I agree . After learning more since I wrote that I know for a fact I would not do it. An old friend of mine had it done, she had been posting on her my space all she was losing and telling me how great it was etc.

For the last few months she has put up NO updates, no new pics, and she was doing it regularly.. I have asked her several times how its going how much more has she lost etc.. and she has not answered me on it even once! But she did answer another email that had nothing to do with it.

My opinion is that she is having problems, probably no longer losing weight either..

But I have met many people who have had to have the thing removed
Marleen A.
on 6/20/12 10:50 am - St. Louis, MO
 Hi

Please contact me before you decide.  My story could be crucial in what you decide.  Although I did not have Dr Hargroder I did have Dr Rutledge who taught Dr H.  I love Dr H and I am glad he got away from association with Dr Rutledge.  The MGB was the worse decision I have made.

Marleen
(deactivated member)
on 8/27/12 8:36 pm
Dr. H did my surgery in 2007. He's a great surgeon and a wonderful person. I've not lost as much weight as I'd like but have lost about 70 pounds. Recently, I have bile reflux! Yuck....I'm very curious why you regret your decision to have mgb. Thanks!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
MGP in Ontario
NAP2013 · 2 replies · 897 views
New to this
Grammy1976 · 0 replies · 1228 views
Pre-op diet
LovelyBeck · 0 replies · 2047 views