Sleeve to MGB Low BMI

erjinx
on 11/18/15 7:09 pm

How much is you goal?   My BMI is 27 and I'd like to lose 50 pounds and did not lose anything with my sleeve only. I also love to walk but quit smoking 9 mos ago and having problems gaining wt. any ideas would be great. 

Jennypoo75
on 12/26/15 11:51 pm

I had sleeve in 2013 and need advice on getting revision surgery. I'm looking into gastric bypass. The sleeve never really worked for me. I lost about 40 lbs but gained 10 of it back and still gaining. I'm hungry all the time and it's true hunger. I'm drinking plenty so I know it's not thirst. My husband is talking about getting first time surgery the bypass and I'm thinking I need to do the same. 

Pedrof
on 3/7/16 11:58 am

Hi,

Have you any reflux after your revisión from sleeve to mgb.

what about dumping symptons?

If possible, make a comment

Regards Pedro

(deactivated member)
on 9/22/18 3:24 pm

Hi,

I am planning to go to a revision from vsg to mgb. Did you have the same type of revision?

Could you share your experiences after surgery? How was your doctor & location?, Are you happy with the results?. HOw was your recovery.

Tks & Regards Pedruel

Linda S.
on 2/19/16 7:06 pm - Acworth, GA

I would love an update from any of you that have had the Mini Bypass from sleeve. I had sleeve in 2010. Have severe GERD and had been gaining weight. I love the idea of stopping the weight gain and loosing more but am more interested in whether this procedure fixes the reflux/gerd. Anyone?

Linda
My Blog - http://mwlj2010.blogspot.com/

band07sleeve13
on 2/19/16 7:26 pm

Yes if done correctly MGB will fix GERD, I'm doing great almost 1 yr out, it's a lot different than the sleeve ! I'm 7 lbs from goal and happy with my decision ! There is a closed FB group called MGB, ask to join and I would be happy to answer questions.  The page has a lot of great information ! 

Linda S.
on 2/19/16 7:44 pm - Acworth, GA
luv2fly
on 2/19/16 10:58 pm - San Antonio, TX

I did not have a revision, but had the MGB July 16. 2003 so I am a long time out for the MGB.  I have not had problems with GERD.  The only issue I have experienced was the need for an iron infustion about 7 years ago. I am very happy with my MGB and have maintained my weight loss for almost 13 years! 

Debra

Pedrof
on 3/9/16 2:46 pm

Hi, Debra

Could you tell me who was your doctor and where?

Thanks

Pedro

luv2fly
on 3/9/16 4:06 pm - San Antonio, TX

Pedro

I had Dr. Rutledge and Dr. Dasher.  Dr. Rutledge was training Dr. Dasher on the MBG in Highpoint N.C. in 2003.  Dr Rutledge is now in India training others to do the MGB  and Dr. Dasher is no longer with the group that did my surgery.  Dr.Peraglie in Davenport Fl and Dr. Hargroder in MO. both currently do the MGB bypass.  I am taking my granddaughter to have the surgery in March with Dr. Peraglie.

Debra

Most Active
Recent Topics
MGP in Ontario
NAP2013 · 2 replies · 894 views
New to this
Grammy1976 · 0 replies · 1225 views
Pre-op diet
LovelyBeck · 0 replies · 2041 views