Sleeve to MGB Low BMI

Anne O.
on 6/12/16 6:46 am - Jacksonville, FL
Revision on 06/30/16

Debra, 

Was that iron infusion only once? Have you been able to keep your iron levels normal since then?

I have a lap band and I am planning to switch from that to a sleeve but the doc says that a MGB may be plan B if there is too much scar tissue or the sleeve isn't possible. I have been going back and forth trying to decide which one I'd rather have, the sleeve or the MGB. The one thing that appeals to me about the sleeve is the loss of appetite from removing most of the ghrelin-producing stomach. How is your appetite after the MGB? 

My concern about the MGB was that bile or acid reflux is listed as a major complication. And, that more of the small intestine is bypassed than in the RNY. 

It's heartening to hear that you have had few problems with your 13 year old MGB. 

-Anne

band07sleeve13
on 2/20/16 6:37 am

I can't add people, I'm sure you Just search MGB there are 2 groups one says weight loss after it, the other is just the letters, both are good.  I was banded first and did great! The sleeve was terrible for me, MGB is different, for one its the malabsorption that my weight loss comes from and not restriction which I usually have very little of.  I can eat anything /everything, sometimes a "normal" size portion sometimes I get stuck on just a few bites.  I do dump and have to watch my food choices when I'm away from home especially ! Everything I eat moves very quickly through me, and boy when it does ! My husband has said he is building me my own bathroom out behind our house ! Lol my bypass is around 9' so a little longer than most because I'm a revision which is what's recommended by Dr. Rutledge.  

Kellivision
on 4/12/17 6:45 pm
Revision on 04/18/17

Hi! I requested to join this group last week and am still waiting, lol. Is there any way you can get me in? I'm really anxious to talk to other sleeve to MGB revision people. I'm having mine in about a week. Thank you!

(deactivated member)
on 9/22/18 3:25 pm

Hi,

I am planning to go to a revision from vsg to mgb. Did you have the same type of revision?

Could you share your experiences after surgery? How was your doctor & location?, Are you happy with the results?. HOw was your recovery.

Tks & Regards Pedruel

Pedrof
on 3/6/16 1:22 pm

Hi Linda,

I am planning to go for revision from sleeve to mgb. Have you have your redo?. Could you please comment on your experience so far.

Regards

Pedro

(deactivated member)
on 5/11/16 4:02 am

You can check Placidway, as they have gastric sleeve surgeons all around the world. Affordable and high quality packages for any bariatric surgery or revision you can find in Mexico as I've seen a lot of happy patients' testimonials. But again, maybe you find something near you at a good price. I advice you to read some reviews and testimonials before, you can find them on the website. Good luck with it!

Sally146
on 6/19/16 2:11 am

My pre-op weight was 77 kg. Height 153 cm and BMI 33..

im young and healthy. My only problem was PCOS and infertility. 

Initially I wanted a sleeve but at the last minute the doctor convinced me to have a MGB. I had a 1.8m loop ( around 5") 

I'm 7 weeks out. Had major internal bleeding right after surgery but otherwise doing well except for lower abdominal cramping every time I have a bowel movement. My oral intake is up and down.. Some days I would eat well and other I can't eat anything. I'm down to 62kg now which is a really fast weight loss and I'm only 7kgs away from my goal weight and worry a lot about losing more weight than required. I haven't done my labs yet but should be doing them next month and I'm already worried though I'm taking my Bariatric vitamins everyday plus prenatal vitamins in liquid form. 

tizv123
on 2/7/17 7:39 am

How are you now.  How is your weight loss?  Are you at goal or lower.  Overall how did you do?

tizv123
on 2/9/17 11:32 am

Be careful.  I have been talking to a location in TJ and I had only been discussing the MGB.  today when I got my paperwork from them, it said that I was scheduled for the mini RNY.  When I inquired, i was told that they are the same thing....

From what I am readying , they are not....It appears that one is reversible and the other is not and that the RNy requires more cuttings....

SuazoBNb
on 12/3/19 11:56 pm

Thanks for sharing such valuable information.

Most Active
Recent Topics
MGP in Ontario
NAP2013 · 2 replies · 896 views
New to this
Grammy1976 · 0 replies · 1226 views
Pre-op diet
LovelyBeck · 0 replies · 2044 views