Recent Posts

mitchnv
on 8/17/19 3:38 pm
Topic: RE: MGB surgeons in Canada

Hi there... I had my surgery in November 2017 and I couldn't be happier! The surgery was a breeze and I was back to work in no time. The biggest adjustment for me was realizing that my eyes were much bigger than my stomach! To date I'm down 90 lbs with about another 40 to go. Of course it's more difficult to to lose the last 40 but I know I won't be gaining back the 90 Ive Lost! Smart shape was great, I was really well taken care of. Good luck with your up coming surgery!!

NAP2013
on 8/16/19 3:12 pm

I'm going to have MGP at smartshape in November. I would love to know how you're doing and if you like this procedure. Also, how was your after care?

NAP2013
on 8/16/19 3:02 pm
Topic: MGP in Ontario

Anyone had MGP in Canada? I'm considering this as an option as the wait time in Ontario is 2-3 years for the traditional GP. With the MGP, although I have to pay for this privately, I can have the surgery sooner and begin getting my health back. The only concern I have is it doesn't seem to be a common surgery in Canada, yet it seems very popular in Europe. I'm wondering if there's a big puzzle piece I'm missing. Would love to hear any insight anyone may have. ?

cvayres
on 2/17/19 7:23 am
Topic: RE: Normal Wind/Gas or Bloating to be worried about

liz i hope evrything is working fine for you. do you still have problems with trapped air in your stomach?

Liz.SW
on 2/4/19 3:55 am
Mini Gastric Bypass on 01/09/19
Topic: Normal Wind/Gas or Bloating to be worried about

Hello everyone!

I've been recommended this support forum from a trusted friend. So I'm looking for support.

I had my Minibypass at the beginning of January and I appear to have lost a significant amount of weight in the three weeks since. I seemed to have plateaued a bit around the end of week three, but I have the green light to go back to the gym this week... fingers crossed.

My real question and something that has been worrying me a bit is a significant abdominal discomfort that happens either just before or just after eating, followed by a large amount of burping. This has only really manifested last week (I wasn't very active as I'd just gone back to work and it was killing me trying to stay awake till ten o'clock.

Is it, therefore, normal, that I have a lot of trapped air in my stomach as I've not been moving enough, or is this serious and should I contact my surgeon?

Many thanks in advance!

(deactivated member)
on 9/22/18 3:25 pm
Topic: RE: Sleeve to MGB Low BMI

Hi,

I am planning to go to a revision from vsg to mgb. Did you have the same type of revision?

Could you share your experiences after surgery? How was your doctor & location?, Are you happy with the results?. HOw was your recovery.

Tks & Regards Pedruel

(deactivated member)
on 9/22/18 3:24 pm

Hi,

I am planning to go to a revision from vsg to mgb. Did you have the same type of revision?

Could you share your experiences after surgery? How was your doctor & location?, Are you happy with the results?. HOw was your recovery.

Tks & Regards Pedruel

(deactivated member)
on 9/22/18 3:23 pm

Hi,

Tks & Regards Pedruel

Grammy1976
on 8/3/18 5:02 pm
Mini Gastric Bypass on 11/30/18
Topic: New to this

Hi! I'm very new to this journey. I haven't had my surgery. I should be having my gastric bypass around Nov 2018. What I have left to do is my sleep study, ð?'" songram, stress test and see the physiology eval. So I have a little to go. What I'm wanting to know is some 1200 calorie food meals please. I want to lose as much as I can while waiting on my surgery. Thanks in advance.

mitchnv
on 9/12/17 2:53 pm

I've been looking into a MGB surgery and have gotten a really quick response from SmartShape Weight Loss Centre - Division of Centric Health. I was going to get the lap band but after speaking with a Dr. he suggested the MGB would be better for me. I live in Vancouver but they only do the surgery in Toronto so I'll be flying to TO in November for my surgery. Look up SmartShape as they have locations all over Canada.

Thanks.

Most Active
Recent Topics
MGP in Ontario
NAP2013 · 2 replies · 896 views
New to this
Grammy1976 · 0 replies · 1226 views
Pre-op diet
LovelyBeck · 0 replies · 2044 views